1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Rubberbanding on hit spell?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nystul, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

When did rubberbanding on hit spell from weapons get so terrible?

I've played my mage for a long time & lately noticed on my dexers that when any hit spell goes off, I freeze/stop and then shoot a buncha tiles forward.

Pretty annoying to use on moving shot or when chasing someone. Also if it goes off around a buncha monsters and you rubberband everything instantly targets you which can be good/bad.

2. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

hmm ... I have to admit that I don't use many hit-spell weapons, but I havent really noticed this? I havent played much since the latest patch/publish, either.

3. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It's pretty bad w/ my composite. It has 50% fireball and everytime it hits I lock up for a second and by the time i rubberband forward the person gains a few tiles every time.

Normally it isn't a problem because I ping 10-20ms on average, but lately I've been pinging 100-150ms and it's a ***** lol.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Been that way since the get go.... Always had that problem.....

[​IMG]

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Been that way since the get go.... Always had that problem.....

[​IMG] Please click the hatchling and help him grow

6. I suspect it's not rubberbanding effect from the server, but a localized client issue : the graphics and/or sound files associated with the hitspell effect need to be loaded and executed, which causes a client lag that affects only you (and not your opponent).

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've experienced this since way back. You can't move for about a sec, as if you are casting the hit effect spell.

8. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

This mainly happens with Delayed hit spell on Moving shot..Aka Fireball / Magic arrow.

9. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

oh boo hoo. weaps shouldn't have hit spell in the first place.

10. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

your rubberbanding because your "casting the spell" maybe you want to find a weapon that doenst have some type of spell on it. or maybe a weapon that doesnt have a high percentage of your magic damage.

11. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

nothing new, my hit lightning bow has been doing that for well over a year when the spell actually hit's.
    most of the time i try to not run around or advance on my target, then again i PvM not pvp . maybe it help's balance things for PvP however :)

12. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It never did it last year when I played my archer...

Either should your face :/

13. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Yeah I can also confirm that. Been a problem in the game since hit spell was introduced. Looks like a purely client side issue too so it makes me wonder why it was never fixed in a patch especially when they were correcting rubberbanding in general a while back.

14. Radun

Radun Guest

Always been like that.:scholar:

15. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

it happens for mages too btw

hit spell should be removed from weapons anyway