1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

RudiKazootie’s Rudimentary Crafting Guide

Discussion in 'Firefall Beta Discussions' started by AirmidCecht, Mar 26, 2013.

1. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Huge revamp with Firefall Beta last week. The resources and battleframe progression has changed.

From Firefall:

The latest patch features some giant changes to the way users play the game, progress their battleframes, and craft their items. To help you understand these changes, we've provided you with a guide to help make things a bit clearer in RudiKazootie’s Rudimentary Crafting Guide. http://bit.ly/11J4tdP

Part I: Resources
    Resources are what drive the crafting system – everything you will craft in Firefall requires resources you have to go out and collect, then refine. The quality of the resources used to craft an item determines how well the item performs, and how much it taxes the new battleframe Mass/Power/CPU constraint system.

Resource Stats

There are 4 stats attached to resources: Mass, Power, CPU, and Purity.

Part II: Crafting

Nanoprints & Items

A Nanoprint is used for crafting items, kind of like a high-tech blueprint.

In patch v0.6, all Nanoprints in the game are unlocked for testing. In a future patch, Nanoprints are unlocked only after first being researched. Only then can they be used to craft items.

Once an item is crafted, it can be used by characters in the game. Items range from battleframe modules, like abilities, plating and jumpjets, etc., to weapons, to Thumpers and health pack calldowns.

Check the above link for full details!

Taylor likes this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Liked a lot of the changes, but the crafting has gotten extremely complex. Haven't even begun to wrap my head around it.

3. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Agreed! I just did my first drop solo and at is definitely a different experience than the good old fashioned "oh.. There's a node! *click*" XD