1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Runes to locations no longer markable

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Jockey, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Jockey

Jockey Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Would a Recall Rune that is marked in a location that you can no longer mark runes be valuable at all? Possible to be a valuable Rare maybe?

For instance I have a rune that is marked at the Star Room from a LONG time ago when it was actually possible to mark your rune there. When T2A first came about, it didn't have a purpose as it does now for fighting Champions.

Location of the marked rune can be verified by coordinates as displayed within a Runebook.

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I have a lot of these also. I think it says something like "you cannot recall to this location" or something like that. I just take them out of the rune book and re-use them.

Cupid likes this.
  3. Jockey

Jockey Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah exactly. I have several myself.

I know I have a rune to the Star Room for sure. I believe I have one to Green Acres as well.

Sure I could remark these but at the same time the runes re-create great memories. If it is not worth anything then I would rather keep than remark. Runes are cheap ;)

4. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Yeah... I really really really wish they would turn off a lot of the blocks they put in over the years. I used to have 20 or so books full of odd spots all over, and had a lot of fun giving tours and just hanging out in very strange places. Nowadays, very few of these still work... Mostly just roofs and "between walls" spots. My favorites were always the marble room under the ocean and the cave under Haven Lake. I never did find a working run for Green Acres or the seer ship cave near the star room. :-(

if anyone happens to have it, there is one which should still work, but which I have lost, and cannot refind the location. If anyone has a rune to the one tile "cave" NE of terra keep, let me know? :)

5. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

So these runes are in fact worthless cause you can't transfer to these locations.... however on the off chance they publish something that breaks what is currently preventing these recalls, you could discover a free trip to loot an EMs house in green acres if you did have such a rune?

BrianFreud likes this.
  6. Orich

Orich Seasoned Veteran

.... I have fantasies like this. Keep talking big boy.

o/~ Green acres is the place to be. Farm livin' is the life for me! o/~

Jockey and BrianFreud like this.
  7. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Don't wait for that, let a EM just gate everyone there and then you can loot the house, ops they already did that :thumbup:

8. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Haha yeah i have ..wait had green acres... Top of bit castle and starroom to name few. :)