1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Runic changes are great!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I like em' alot!

This will even out the field, as "normal" people will be able to get a decent suit, and stand a chance in fights (PvP).

Also this might make it more fun for crafters and people who wanna keep shops stocked wth all kinda goods!

Good Job!

(now fix factions, and put some boss-like-monsters in old doungens!)

[​IMG]

2. MrPickle23

MrPickle23 Guest

I wouldnt consider that true. Its doesnt even the field much at all. Infact I logged on test today, bored. I crafted 500 items. Only 4 of which were comaprable to the items I use on my normal shards.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

well from horned kits i got 55+ resist 19+ lrc 2+ mr items. Sure you can get better items, but lot people could use items like this, but don't have the money to pay many mills for each piece at shops.

4. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

all this means is more influx of powerful items into the game, its not going to "fix" crafting since insurance still is in the game, all it will do is guarantee some actually decent items from lower end runics, plus easier to get higher end runics. That means.. more powerful items in the game. (not even including arms lore bonus's).

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Also this might make it more fun for crafters and people who wanna keep shops stocked wth all kinda goods!

[/ QUOTE ]

If its so easy to craft great items now, and insurance still exists, why would someone even bother to buy your items when they can simply work their own char to gm or 120 and make their own.

6. bordegan

bordegan Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If its so easy to craft great items now, and insurance still exists, why would someone even bother to buy your items when they can simply work their own char to gm or 120 and make their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

A LOT of people don't like to craft or do bods...they find it easier to just buy the equipment they need from gold from sellings scrolls or whatever. You will still have to work bods in order to get the runics...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A LOT of people don't like to craft or do bods...they find it easier to just buy the equipment they need from gold from sellings scrolls or whatever. You will still have to work bods in order to get the runics...

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if enough quality armor and weapons make it to the marketplace, *maybe* some shop owners will drop prices to a reasonable level. One can only hope. [​IMG]

8. Runic Metal armor still bites as far as resists go..

9. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So, you can't med in them and they have a higher strength requirement, lower resists and harder to obtain resources.

Metal = useless.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Still you can make some very nice weps frmo even lower end runic hammers

11. <blockquote><hr>

So, you can't med in them and they have a higher strength requirement, lower resists and harder to obtain resources.

Metal = useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exceptional Sam plate comes with the mage armor property.

Strength property is not much of an issue since most people run at 100+ hp and lower requirements.

Mining isn't hard. Seems after the publish getting barbed may prove to be harder to obtain.

As for resist, That's the point. Metal armor has been buged since AOS launch.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Metal = useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exceptional Sam plate comes with the mage armor property.

Strength property is not much of an issue since most people run at 100+ hp and lower requirements.

Mining isn't hard. Seems after the publish getting barbed may prove to be harder to obtain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bugged.

Just completely neglected.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

TO bad i dont have 3000 charge valorite hammer.

The armour is outstanding. For real.

Try it.

14. I agree, i went to test with a friend and he made rediculous plate. The best was arms with LRC 20, Mana increase 8, LMC 8, MR 2 and like 60 resists.......that just doesn't exist on normal shards.

15. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not bugged. You can make fantastic resist metal armor - but you need the top end runic to do it.

Thats the problem with smith vs tailor.

Top end tailor runic - Barb kit 2.6 mil
    Top end smith runic - Val Hammer 37 mil

That is why you never see metal armor. The most common runic is a bronze hammer and before this change - it makes the equivalent of spined kits for armor.