1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Carpentry] Runic Tools

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Jest, May 9, 2011.

1. Jest

Jest Guest

Does any one have detailed information about the chance to get a Runic Saw from a Heartwood quest? Are there any determining factors about getting one?

For example, if I'm after a Heartwood Saw, do any of the following determine my chances?
    - Carpentry Skill
    - Type of Quest (Foot Stools vs Lap Harps)
    - Time (Is a reward guaranteed after time if no luck in getting one)

And if all of those are a no, if it is literally completely random, has any one kept track of your quest turn ins? Ie, you turned in 1000 quests and got XYZ results?

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is all completely random with no guarantee that you will ever get one. I usually take the one that uses the least amount of materials, such as the foot stools.

3. Jest

Jest Guest

Gotcha, I was advised as such on Global chat as well but just wanted to make sure. Are there any resources that list the odds of each level of tool?

4. Lord Crowen

Lord Crowen Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

As already said, it is random, but I kept track regardless. I do around 3600 boards each run (beetle+packy+400 on me). Thats 400 footstools, 40 quests. I get usually one runic out of those 40 quests, sometimes even 2. Never ever got a heartwood, got a lot ash and yew.