1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

SA - Art/Desgin question? Dev/Art member needed?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Crysta, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm going to try to remain at least somewhat vague here.. both because I don't want to spoil anyone that wouldn't know what I was asking already and because I can't find the picture to back up what i'm saying anymore online tho I assure you it is true.

Well.. in the original Ultima Underworld that SA will be based on, there was an evil creature VEILed in darkness you had to SLASH your way through at a specific point in the game.. haha. Assuming this creature were to find its way into SA.. mind you, I am not asking if it is or if it isn't, merely that if it WAS going to be there wether it really is going to be or not... on that basis, for said creature, would you be using the official design for him as seen in Ultima: Ascension (yes, he was in there.. kinda), or would you have no idea what I was even referring to as to his appearance in Ascension if I asked that (as in "what? he was in there?")?

2. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Bump for an answer. Will keep doing it till I get one, too. This one is mostly because I knew no devs would be on last night at all, but I wanted to post it then so I wouldn't forget to.

3. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I know who you are talking about because I did play through UU a long time ago, but I also played through U9. I think I fit in the "What? He was in there?" category. Google image search turns up nothing... but I would really like to see how he was designed for U9... Where was he in that game? On a painting hanging on a wall or something?

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I didn't do UU but did 2nd underworld. And I played U9, but I have a bad memory. I'd like to see a pic if anyone has one or details on said creature.

5. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The character model for it was demoted to a regular enemy when it was cut.. a very annoying one with blaringly obvious audio clues when he's going to attack.. im sure anyone who has played the game most of the way through can figure out which enemy i'm referring to.

Only problem is I can't give the evidence confirming it.. I only saw the concept art piece that did so once online, and I can't seem to find it again.

6. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

Let's just say we've done our homework. :)

7. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage

WE WANT SCREENSHOT! WE WANT SCREENSHOT!

:postpics:

8. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What he said. :p

9. Ni-

Ni- Guest

hehe

...this is a very cryptic thread...

...well, for someone as clueless as I. I haven't played the previous Ultima's.

10. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

Don't make me whip out U9 now!

11. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have a wonderful picture of all the devs being shut up in a small room and being made to play all the old games... and fed coffee and muffins at irregular intervals...

12. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

Hey no peeking!! *continues on his fourth cup*

13. ROTFLMAONIS ....

Thanks for the laugh Cal :)

Ain't homework grand???