1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sacrificing resists worth the SDI?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Alexei, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Alexei

Alexei Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

In your opinion is it worth sacrificing all 70s for a max sdi suit? Pendant, bracers,britches, scrappers, orny, crystalline, wizards glasses, etc?

I had a decent sdi suit going until I forgot I had my character leave factions and lost all the points for the faction gear :O So I'm going nonfaction chars.

2. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think so. I would use the kasa over the glasses at least and the generals books are 30 sdi max so they beat the scrappers unless you have a slayer one. Using a 1/3 Brace with sdi too myself instead of orny. The new cloaks of death?? have sdi also.

3. my mage has without books like scrappers etc. 52 sdi (kasa, jewels, rb carparace, pendant, stichers, britches, cloak)

my resists are 70 phy and the rest in the 50-60s

imho its worth ... with slayer books you get a huge boost in damage

the resuslt is that you kill stuff much faster, you need less spells = need less mana

you really dont need all resists in the 70s

4. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Depends upon what you are doing and the template:loser:

But for plain champing, I'd absolutely go super SDI suit over all 70s suit ESPECIALLY with a wraith form template. My necro mage can EQ non-stop in wraith form. But I also run about 170 mana and 113 hits:coco:

As an added bonus, my necro mage is an area peacer template so when he gets in trouble, he area peaces and runs for the hills. Yup, he does die on occasion but not too bad.

My suit is above 90% sdi:p :
    wizards crystal glasses (15)
    Pendant of magi (5)
    armor of fortune
    spellwoven britches (10)
    midnight bracers (10)
    Crystaline ring (20)
    7sdi braclet
    scrapers (25)

To make up some of the casting, I run the community 1/2 chaos shield. My resists average in the 30s with low being 21 and high being 40.

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Those two emoticons do not make sense where you put them.

6. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Sure they do... you just have to be warped enough to think it through:thumbsup:

But to give you the last one, I consider those number fairly high;)