1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sad but True

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kael, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Had to send my computer in for repairs...and thus ahd to hook up the old computer

Of the 10-15 UO related links in my favorites from this computer it looks like only 2-3 are active anymore :( with Stratics and the HOT forums from Atlantic the only main ones even visited anymore.

Is this a sign that UO has become so outdated that these sites have dropped off or just a natural evolution for people from one site to the next??

2. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think its so outdated TBH, over 12 years, thats a good run. Still a good game, but a lot of people like the flashy 3d stuff.

3. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

It's not even just the 3d stuff. The 2d client is just bloated and bleh. Nowadays you should be able to play UO through a browser window, but instead it chugs on even some pretty decent machines at times and takes an afternoon to install.

I hate to suggest it after so many failed attempts, but they need to make a good client. Put in some basic scripting, remove the need for UOA or whatever else the nogoodnicks are using, and streamline it to do what it needs to do quickly. Running through busy places should never get choppy in 2D.

Random misplaced rant over.