1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

sad tale of an orc ship - bug ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cravena, Nov 10, 2010.

1. cravena

cravena Guest

New Orc ship ready for battle. All cannons fully loaded and ready for fire, nice crew onboard, let's sail !!

We found a pirat ship easily. Start firing but before the third round my proud ship was shattered beyond imagination.... too bad did i say, should have met one of those legendary pirats... moved aways and did emergency repairs then head to shore. Reached Jhelom harbor in time and started making permanent repairs... spent the indecent amount of materials to make it like new... when at 100% repaired.... OMG.... the outlook of the ship was the same... broken as if i didnt even used a board...
    Tillerman was saying it was like new and pristine condition... tried to move to the wharf... OMG... the ship didnt move at all and tillerman was saying we were sinking...
    I had to remove all stuff on board (thanks to packie's friends) then cancel the pirat quest i had to be able to drydock it. I log in and out a few times and put the ship at sea again... DANG... still looked totally devasted :(
    althought it could move as if it was in good condition.

Finally decided to page a GM.... it's now 5 hours than i m waiting for anything... no answers, not even canned one...

I then decided to post here just in case this already happened to anyone who could give me a hint on what to do...

and for the small story i never seen such a bad service for paying customers. But nothing new here i guess....

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Babble

Babble Guest

Seems to be a graphical bug.
    There is a post of it somewhere

3. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully a GM helps but most people that have had this bug happen to them had to drydock their ships and wait until after server mait then put ship back in the water after server up in the morning to have their ship "refreshed" into what it should be looknig like

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Already covered, repeatedly.

fix is to repair it, do emergency repairs to where it can move, then have another (pirate, or possibly a PC ship would work in Fel) ship fire at it.

5. Babble

Babble Guest

Is that an official fix or just a temporary one?
    :p

6. cravena

cravena Guest

well well well.... 3rd day without any answers...

Tried to drydock the ship overnight, still looking destroyed... I thought that maybe fighting again then getting repaired could be an answer... nope !!
    I just cant get the pirat quest cause , quote :"your ship is a mess, come back later"...

1st day i waited for 5 hours for a gm answer or intervention : nada
    2nd day, 2 hours... (sorry couldnt stay more) : nada
    today 2nd hour still nothing....

I d like to know what kind of service is included in our monthly fee....

7. your answer is here...

8. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

He said he tried that (his get into a fight again quote) and it didn't work.

9. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

2 years to make an expansion that didnt work.
    8 months to make a booster that dont work.
    UK still cant buy the booster from either website.
    You really think they care about a broken ship.....priceless ;)

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Odd... I know many from across the water that have purchased the booster.

11. Roskal

Roskal Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Same thing happend to my orc boat today and my guildies orc boat the other day. The boats were scuttled, and when repaired nothing changed. He his boat did this, he waited a bit and suddenly his boat could move, but still looked broken. My boat wont move at all except under emer. repair. Called a GM and waited 2 hours but no reponse - was stuck at number 10 on the que. Saw the notes here so for fun while in Tram I fired on my guild buddies broken boat from my broken boat and bingo - it was fixed just like that. Cool - he fired on mine. No effect. I did an emergency repair and he fired again - no effect. Tired of the silliness.

12. Roskal

Roskal Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Update on my boat - After a server update, I could move the boat with voice commands, but not by mouse. The boat was slightly damaged from when the guild buddie fired on it the day before. So got wood/cloth and did a permanet repair and suddenly it was fixed.

So it looks like if your orc boat doesn't repair properly, wait for a day then damage/repair it again and it seems to go back to normal.