1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Safe Haven Citizens, I need your help for a Orienteering Run in Safe Haven

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by FrejaSP, Dec 23, 2014.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hi all
    I'm going to try to set up an Orienteering Run in Safe Haven, there will be Stewards around Safe Haven at posts but I need some help to make this happen.
    I will post on U.Hall when date and setup are ready to make it a global event possible to do for young chars visiting Siege.
    If you can have a post in your home and have ideas for the hints, please contact me.

2. Mish o sha

Mish o sha Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Great Idea you can count me in to help

3. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I will try to make it Saturday Jan. 3th, time: 2 pm EST USA, 8 pm Central EU
    If someone need steward or Mailbox, I will get one you can borrow.
    Please put a book in my mailbox, with hint info for how to find your steward and with hint for what to say to the steward to get the bag. I will make copies of the book and give to the post before yours.
    On your steward, you will need to place bags with a control book, where title say: <your name here>, and "by" should be name of the post = your house owners name.
    Then you should add 1-3 questions, that will send them around in your house to get the answars, it could be names of parrots in the house, something placed on the fireplace or something else and info about placing this book in your mailbox when done with the questions.
    I will then give you a pile of books with hints for the next post.
    In the bag, you can also place a little gift, drink or some food for the runner. Not to many items in the bag as you then will have to restock the steward to have enough bags for all. I have no idea, if we get 3 runners or 50 runners :p
    We will make a test run to see all works and we will choose a gift for the winner. It should be something useful for a new Siege player as I hope we can draw some players to the shard and give them a fun day.

#3 FrejaSP, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    SpyderBite likes this.
  4. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

This is an interesting idea. I think I live too far away to participate, but I do have 60 or so Red Leaves I can donate for the books if you need them. just let me know.

5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Sounds fun.

6. FrejaSP

You are still new here so I hope to see you between the runners, the gift for the winner should be useful for new Siege players.
    I should have enough Red Leaves for the books.

7. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Oh, well I assumed since I've got a house now and been here a few months I was disqualified. I'll definitely try it out if that isn't the case. Do I get to bring my trusty llama? He has terrible gas but the fear of Bo makes him pretty quick on his feet.

FrejaSP likes this.
  8. FrejaSP

All are welcome to join the Orienteering Run, vets as well as young Siege players. Sure the vets may have easier with finding the questions but the young ones can already now take a look of some of the buildings, some are always public. The stewards won't work before the day and the keywords won't be easy to guess without a hint.
    Only I will know all the places and in what order they comes but even I won't know all the questions. The ones who do have a post in the Orienteering Run, will not be allowed to win the price but they will be allowed to do the run for fun.
    The winner must have all the questions right and be the first with correct answars, who make a post on Stratics. The winner will get a code from last Steward, in his post on Stratics to get a timestamp that count. We will check the books as soon we can.
    In some cases, the control books may have to be placed in Safe Haven Crafting Center and Hub mailbox, if the post owner can't be on. There will be info in the book about where to place it.
    I will make a new post when all are ready and a post on U.Hall.

9. FrejaSP

I still need a few more, who will host a post for this event, please find me in game or PM me