1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Safe Haven Onsen Now Open!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Silent Singer, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Announcing the opening of the Safe Haven Onsen (aka Julia's Pillow House)

Safe Haven has become the home of Julia, exiled by the Empress from Tokuno, and she has opened an onsen immediately west of the Safe Haven Crafting Hub. In the spirit of Safe Haven, she has struck a deal with the Minister of Vice of Britain (that's me!) and guaranteed protection from the unwanted attention of Blackthorn's morality agents.

Like any onsen, this new addition to the Township offers soothing hot springs for the road weary traveler. The first floor has areas for disrobing, bathing in the mineral waters, two tables for massages, and a bathhouse. Please note, no weapons allowed in the onsen!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second floor is meant for rest, relaxation, and recreation. Various liquors (pilfered from Blackthorn's own cellar) are available, and Julia's staff will help make you as comfortable as possible. For a small fee, of course.

The third-floor is the Lady Julia's private residence where business deals of an "unofficial" nature are entertained.

Discretion is held in the highest regard at the Safe Haven Onsen. While it has many public patrons (including the Governor of Minoc), Safe Haven Onsen also entertains those usually bound to more restrictive social settings such as Yew forest's largest guild. Safe from judgment here, even White Council members can relax.

The Onsen does currently have a need for the following items. Offers of trade or purchase will be liberally entertained:

1. Bathtub (this was one of the holiday giveaway items from last year for the year before) x 1
    2. EM Hand towels (these were given away with the bar, sign, and Broadsword sword last year) x as many as possible
    3. Futons / Blanket of Darkness (futons are a Serado / Sleeping Dragon drop, I would like at least one and up to three) (Blankets = 2 to 4)
    4. Special lanterns (Smugglers, spirituality, any spell channeling ones)
    5. Mannequin deeds x 1-3.

As Julia's factor for official business, I will be handling all trades, so message me if you have any of the above items. I've been aggressively "borrowing" gold from the treasury lately, so large deals may need to wait a few weeks until Blackthorn's agents lose the scent. But go ahead and message me if you have something so that I can get the deals worked out.

So drop by the onsen, have a soak and a drink, and remember NO KILLING IN THE HOT SPRING!

2. Silent Singer

Picked up a tub, towels, and a blanket. Thanks a ton Arctic Fox and Vinnie!

Lore Denin (GL) likes this.
  3. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

if you have a mailbox, i'll try to find a set of my bath tubs and towels to donate. if you don't have a mailbox, i'll donate one of those as well.

4. Silent Singer

Thanks victim, I only needed the one tub but I'll take any towels you have. Haven't moved my mailbox from my Keep in Yew, but it is directly on the road moving southeast of Yew road. If you want to hold them I can grab them another time. :)

5. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Keep those drains clean, I hear those Safe Haven'rs are a hairy lot !!

6. Victim of Siege

Hey!!, I resemble that remark!!

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Welcome, thanks for your add to Safe Haven

8. Silent Singer

No worries Garth, the Onsen has a very THOROUGH depillatory routine prior to entry. You'll be as smooth as the day you were born when you leave!

9. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

This sounds like a fun place. I do have to ask though what / where is safe Haven?

10. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Find Young Travelers Inn, follow the water from New Magincia Bank to after the big ships, then find the teleporter on the step, going to Safe Haven, there are one to Safe Haven Hub, one to Safe Haven Vendors (My Castle) and one to NEW2's old guild and mining house.

11. Silent Singer

You can also go SE from Umbra gate, just across the bridge leaving town is a hub with several teleporters. Each one has a statue with the name of the destination. Safe Haven is a player run town for those who prefer to see "the law" as more of a loose suggestion than binding social contract. We have events including next weeks fishing tourny / costume street fight. Not terribly uncommon for some of us to practice pvp along the road because a healers house is conveniently located in the middle. So if you come by and see chaotic death, don't freak out. It's just the neighbors....

Pignasty likes this.
  12. Duncan McDermott

ok as soon as I finish some of this Mystic training I will give it a go look see. Thanks both of you.

#12 Duncan McDermott, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  13. Silent Singer

Fyi, Talia usually has vendors stocked and I believe Freja as well a bit SE, but Talia got blue-screened IRL and is currently rebooting.

14. Duncan McDermott

I found in a rune book of mine a rune to the NEW guild. I haven't tried the location yet to see if it still works.

15. Silent Singer

Negative. NEW and NEW2 are not active at this time, unless something has changed very recently.

16. Duncan McDermott

So NEW is no longer around to help new or returning players? That is too bad, they were a great help to many who came to Siege to try it out. I don't have enough skills to start up helping new players I wish I did.

17. Silent Singer

Well, the guilds themselves are not currently active but the help still exist. I've yet to see a legitimate query for help go unanswered. Freja stocks many items in the community chest at the safe haven hub for new players for free, and sells cheap basic lrc suits at a low enough cost that just about any skill set can get the gold for one.

18. Duncan McDermott

Freja has been doing this for as long as I can remember. What a good heart this person has.

Christina Kardos and FrejaSP like this.
  19. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

Lore put down the notice announcing the grand opening of the Onsen and chuckled to himself.

If ever he wondered where his Knights were spending their leave, he now had a pretty good idea where he would find them.

Indeed Blackthorn's "morality agents" like the leader of Britannia understood the meaning of the word. If anything he'd find a means to tax the poor people of safe Haven, twisting the Virtues of Lord British for his own gain.

The operation seemed to be open and honest and Lore saw no reason for his people not to enjoy their time there.

Val'lyn De'ana likes this.
  20. FrejaSP

It was to time eating for me vs the few ones who needed NEW. Siege is not that dangerous now, wo only have few reds and we have gen chat, where you will get help if you ask.
    Also several guilds will pick up the newbies they feel will fit their guild to help them get started.

21. FrejaSP

I just want Siege to get more players. It's most Tina Tink who help, Freja is a vampire man may sometimes drain you for blood and help you after :devil: Need the blood to keep my body from decay :p I like look Young and sexy

Pignasty and Lore Denin (GL) like this.
  22. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

[Takes notes for next time he writes a story involving Freja ]

Pignasty likes this.
  23. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

How well stocked is your cheese cellar, and how much will an erotic massage set me back?

24. Victim of Siege

10000000000000000 gold