1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Safe to Resize a Plot in Magincia?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gunga_Din, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

Has anyone done this? I placed a 15x15 but now want to try just a classic house design. I remember on test, someone tried that and lost the plot.

2. Jordy

Jordy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I wouldn't trust ANYTHING to be safe to do with Magincia plots at this stage.

3. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

Thats why i'm asking lol.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I would not recommend attempting that at this time to be honest. What classic style were you planning? You could maybe just copy it?

5. jaashua

jaashua Guest

I know we just finished a lotto, but you'd have to be a real gambler.

6. Amber Moon

Amber Moon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I am sure it will all be fine.... You go first :D

7. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If you just placed a plot today your account is on a 7day cooldown for placing and you will not be able to resize, you will loose your plot. Wait at least until the 7 day cooldown is over before trying.

8. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The resize command circumvents the 7 day cooldown.

9. olduofan

olduofan Guest

this is true I resided my house in new mag over 7 times just be ready to have a back up char (with gold in all there banks)to take over if your house placement to locks up/ needs a cool down. happen to me many times tool no longer worked( I almost lost my lot). Sad how the idoc scripters screwed the tools up for the honest players. :cursing:

10. Lings Bro

Lings Bro Guest

What what what ... let me get there first.... *looks around for house placement tool*

11. Lings Bro

Lings Bro Guest

Wait Wait Wait ... let me get there first.... *looks around for house placement tool*

12. olduofan

olduofan Guest

there is a 1 hour duration that only the house owner can replace the house like a cool down if you dont place within that hour anyone can place so have many back chars ready if tool runs out during to many attempts and it locks-up. :thumbdown:

13. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, the tool too many attempts to place lockout really shouldn't apply when resizing yet it does.

14. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

I've never had the tool not work during a resize, are u just talking about the tool locking after failed attempts? Or if I resize , could the tool not work for even 1 attempt to place?

15. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

What's the largest classic house that could fit?

Would be funny if somebody plopped a tower down and it somehow fit - some of the spots almost look like they could handle it.

16. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

From experience this is not always the case, it may be what is intended but like most things in UO its not absolute. I've had it happen twice where I placed then tried to resize and it wouldn't let me replace the new size because of the 7 day timer.