1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Salvage Bag Uses

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Seldon_SP, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Seldon_SP

Seldon_SP Adventurer

I'm busy training tailoring at the moment and I noticed that salvage bags now seem to have limited uses.
    Not only that, but they seem to use one 'charge' for each ingot or piece of cloth recycled.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or if it's an intended change?
    If it's intended, it seems to render salvage bags pretty useless for training (when you need to recycle 100 or so items at a time).

2. Montie1123

Montie1123 Journeyman

Thats news to me, ill have to check mine in a few mins when i get back in game.

3. Montie1123

Montie1123 Journeyman

Nope mine did not show a number of uses in less that was something just added in the last week. Mine still looks just like it always did. So no clue what is going on.

4. Seldon_SP

Seldon_SP Adventurer

Hmm - strange. I had two bags show limited uses then go *poof* on me in fairly quick succession.
    I'll buy another bag later when I'm in game and use it to see if it was just an isolated incident.

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

UO-Assist is your friend if using CC client

6. Seldon_SP

Seldon_SP Adventurer

Hi Freja
    Do you mean using UO-Assist for setting up a macro to cut up items? Or is there already an "agent" you can use to recycle items more easily?
    When I was training blacksmithing I used a UO-Assist "Agent" to move all the items to the salvage bag, then recycled them. This made sense for blacksmithing because of the extra ingots you get back by using the salvage bag.
    It doesn't make any difference for cloth, though, so if there's an easier way to do it just using UO-Assist, then I'd be happy to use that.

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

There is an Recycle Agent for smelt, unraw Clothes/leather items or repair. You just need to set up a keys for it and a bag

#7 FrejaSP, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  8. Seldon_SP

Seldon_SP Adventurer

Thanks for the advice Freja. I'll set that up in UO-Assist when I'm in game later.

9. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Did you try and use it?

10. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Salvage bags are now useless (in my opinion) on Siege

11. Montie1123

Montie1123 Journeyman

I used mine all morning. Still does not show that its has a number of uses remaining. So no clue whats going on. I have used it while doing some blacksmithing work.

12. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

I'm not certain why or how it changed, but it has changed. Some of my characters still have bags that show no uses, but the bags that some of my other characters have now *do* show uses - and these were not newly purchased bags. For those of us who have bags with uses now, we should probably all file bug reports on it because, for all we know, it was an accident that they now have uses - especially since we have not seen any posts from any devs stating that it was intended. I'll go now and post on the crafter forum with the hopes of catching the eye of a dev. I would rather not post about it on UHall right now since there is a good discussion/recruiting thread for Siege that's still going.

13. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Is there any difference if the salvage bag is inside another container inside your backpack?

14. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

I don't know. I always have my salvage bags in the top level.