1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Salvage Bags

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by hen, Feb 22, 2009.

1. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My salvage bags have vanished twice recently whilst being used in my house.
    Is this a known issue? The items in them fell in a pile at my feet.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

sounds to me like you accidentally had a lumberjacking macro go off, and axed your salvage bag when you attempted to click on it to salvage the items within.

3. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I was making war-axes and double click by mistake a lot with this stupid mouse i have just now. The mystery seems to be solved, cheers Basara.

4. skin2

skin2 Guest

i have recently started playing again after a 3 year break

what on earth is a salvage bag and what does it do ? is it some sort of container that sits on the floor of my house and the stuff i make is put in there automaticly ?

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It's a bag you carry on you (bought from provisioners) that salvages Smith & tailor items all at once (quicker than even the UO Assist recycle agent). Plus, for smith items, it returns one more ingot than normal recycling would, for each item.

Check out the Crafter Help Guides elsewhere in this forum. The Salvage bag is the first entry under the table of contents, and I just edited it to include the info as to where to get the bag, and how to use it (when that essay was originally done, it was being discussed regularly, and was part of the Patch Notes, so that information was common knowledge).