1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Salvage bags

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweet Pickles, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Sorry for a stupid question, but i truly do not know what these are. Waht are salvage bags and what are they used for? Thank you

2. Guest

Guest Guest

They are used for recycling some items. I am not positive what all sort of items... Perhaps Petra or one of the other master crafters will be along shortly and provide a better answer

3. Thank you,, Recycling? OK THanks for the info

4. Guest

Guest Guest

they recycle what you put in them, provided it's recyclable in the first place and you have the correct tools.

For leather or cloth items you need scissors in your main pack. You can also cut up bones from shadow wisps this way.

For metal items you need a smith hammer or tongs in your main pack and to be by a forge.

You buy them from provisioners.

5. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How exactly do they work? Do you put items in the bag and *BAM* they get recycled or it there more to it?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

there's a context menu, salvage ingots, salvage cloth, salvage all.

I prefer to keep my stuff separate and don't use 'salvage all'. Apparently that instinctive choice saved me some grief when they first came out. People lost stuff through bugs with it.

For bones use 'salvage cloth'. It won't find your tools unless they're in your main pack though.

It recycles the lot in one action, unlike the uoa recycle agent which does each individual piece.

7. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

does ir cut up Bone Armor? And did the fix the bugs tha made you get over weight?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes they fixed the bug, or so I read. By recycling metal and cloth separately I missed that one.

As I said, the object has to be recyclable in the first place, bone armor never has been.

Basically if you can cut it up with scissors or smelt it with a smith hammer you can salvage it in the bag. If you can't cut it or smelt it the bag won't do it either.