1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Salvage bags

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Prudentis, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

How do they work?
    Do they store more items than normal bags?
    Is there a way to reduce the number of trips to the bank if you like collecting loot for later inspection or selling?

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

They work trough using context menu when you click the bag.

These bags are not for storage. They are made to smelt and/or unrafle all items you place inside it with a smith or tailor.

For less trips to the bank..... well collect only what you need or want [​IMG]

I know its difficult if you are a packrat! [​IMG]

3. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I know its difficult if you are a packrat! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, exactly [​IMG]

OK, I'll try to drop some armor+weapons I would normally not pick up in the bags and see how much I can salvage this way. I think ingots, leather and bones sell quite OK, so it might be a nice way to get some cash.
    After all I still owe you the 3mil [​IMG]

(I don not have to have tailoring or bs on the char to use the bags, do I?)

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes you need to be tailoring or smithing *(it might be mining) to use the bags. It all depends how much skill you have what you get in return of leather or ingots. If you don't have the skills the ingots and leather return going to be very poorly.

* Smelting iron items is related to mining.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You will need tailoring skill and scissors to use the bag on leather &amp; cloth

You will need Mining skill and a blacksmith tool of some sort to use the bag on metal items (And then only types craftable by a smith).

They give the following benefit:
    They return ONE extra resource back for each item, based on the related skill.

Smelting Smith-type items gives you 0.66% * mining skill*ingots needed to craft, rounding the result down. At 100 Mining, one gets 66% back (or just under 2/3), so one would get 7 ingots back from a 12-ingot longsword. If one is wearing the +3 or +5 mining gloves with 100 actual skill, this puts the skill over 66.66(repeating decimal)% skill, so one would get 8 back from the 12. One starts getting 50% ingot return (without the bag) at 75.8 Mining skill

The Salvage bag adds one ingot to these numbers, so at GM (up to 101.1 skill), one would get 8 (7+1) ingots back from the longsword; 9 (8+1) ingots if 101.2 or greater with the mining gloves.

For tailoring, it SEEMS from experience that the return back from items is capped at 50% at GM, which you would then get another +1 leather or cloth back from the bag.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Also you need to be near a forge to smelt the armor or weapons into ingots.