1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Samp temp I keep hearing about?

Discussion in 'UO Lake Austin' started by Blade_Thugluv, Nov 8, 2011.

1. So I just finished my glass cannon char today:

Mage 120
    Eval 120
    Med 100
    Necro 100
    Spirit speak 110
    Spellweaving 100
    Inscribe 100

but I keep hearing people talk about samp, so here is my question.

what is samp and what is the temp lay out for it? is there gear that is a must for it?

2. Delbrie

Delbrie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A necro dexer variant. Usually

weapon skill 120
    tactics 120
    bushido 100+
    chivalry 80 +
    necro99+
    optional: spirit speak, healing, anat, parry

cast vamp embrace and go kill stuff and use a good whirl wind weapon

Lost of articles on it in the warrior form and different variants

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Oh, and since you left, they made it to where you pop out of forms if you remove enough +skill items that you drop below the minimum skill to cast, so you can't do what the early sampires did (put on 60 or more points of necro gear, cast, then change suits), but have to keep your +necro gear on at all times.

Some of the items to buff the skill selection are Midnight Bracers (+20 necro), and a talisman from the ML peerless and other named creatures that has necro and spirit speak on it. Necro books don't help a sampire, because you can't hold them when you are swinging a weapon.

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You might try looking at some of Lynk's sampire posts on the warrior boards. He is pretty open about posting different templates, suits, and weapons. I would say you could ask him in person, but he is always on his red on this shard and probably would kill you.

5. Thanks,

I will look into those posts. Got a lot of work a head of me. You have all been a big help!

6. Have heard alot about a samp temp....Been thinking about making one myself...But, not good with putting temps together....Let me know Blade what you find out if you have time..

7. Delbrie

Delbrie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Who always helps you out?

8. YOU DO !!!
    If not for you I would be lost in game :)