1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

sampire and healing

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Whitewolf of *VK*, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Whitewolf of *VK*

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Im thinking about stoning my anat off and taking up the healing skill, has anyone else tried this template? if so did ya like it, how well did it work?

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Do you have Chiv on the template? Use that for your healing. :) ...la

3. Whitewolf of *VK*

i do i run 71 chiv, with 70 parry, 120 anat, 120 bush, 120 fence, 120 tacs, 99 necro, i do pretty well with this template, but some boss's just cant heal fast enough, thought maybe useing bandages would help, and if they mana drain me is pretty much death for me. and yes i before ya ask i run mana leech on all my weps, but sometimes its just not enough., Just curious if anyone runs healing on their sampire

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I never needed it as I found the leech from being in vamp form sufficient. Using chiv heal is way to slow I found unless you can fit some FC onto the suit.

5. Odin of LS

Odin of LS Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I run healing (no anat) on my throwing sampire and it has saved my bacon several times. Although it is probably not even comparable to a tank on a swampy.

6. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I dropped Bushido for healing. Vamp form with healing parry and chiv works great. I use a shield with 10 swing 30 damage 5 hit 15 defense 4 lmc and 4 Stam regen . With tinker legs and swing jewelry I don't have to run swing on my weapons. I do keep the Bushido on a stone to switch out if I need it tho.

7. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well I use a weapon that does armour ignore and has health leeching and find that helps alot. Then I hot key close wounds and the bushido skill confidence which will heal you even if you are poisened saved my butt many a time. With confidence works fast and you do not need bandiads so with a good weapon those two healing spells I dropped healing and the sampire skill. If your interested on differant set ups check out the warrior forums on stratics all kinds of good advice there.

8. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I like to run ss for curse weapon. 20% from vamp plus 50% from curse weap. Ill run in protection for no fail on cw. Hll is also underrated in my opinion

9. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I have Resist instead of Anatomy which cuts down on the Mana Drain and other curses. I also have Hit Life Leech and Hit Mana Leech on my weapons. Between Confidence, HLL from weapon and LL from VE healing isn't usually a problem. Also Momentum Strike when there's a 2nd or 3rd enemy close by helps get your health up too, comes in handy with bosses that summon mobs.

Odin of LS, Fridgster and Merlin like this.
  10. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Governor Campaign Patron UWF

I run template similar to Zeke's. Resist is more useful than Anat, IMHO. If you're doing a spawn with casters (especially if solo or with small group of people), I don't know how you could not have atleast 100 resist in order to survive.

I generally feel that having Healing on a sampire is for suckers. Between the life leach you get from Vampiric embrace and hitting Confidence when needed, that should be more than suffice. Having weps with relevant slayers and HLD on them help too. If you're really still struggling, put hit life leach on your weapons to increase the chances of getting hit points back during your encounters. I know that the chivalry heal isn't anything special, but if you have it macroed to hit for emergencies or at times when you have a slight reprieve between moving from one group of spawn to the next, that should also help out.

11. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I too run resist in place of anatomy (thought I have anatomy on a stone for certain fights against non-casters like Miasma). I swapped my swords and did mace fighting instead. My primary weapon is a black staff. Swings fast enough that I can get 1.25 with no swing speed on the weapon. I imbue slayer, mana leech, stam leech and hit area effect, then enhance with bloodwood to get life leech and HPR. For single mobs, I use a war axe and alternate between lightning strike and AI. Usually doesn't take too long before the mace damage has completely whipped out the mobs stamina... which means much fewer melee attack.

12. Whitewolf of *VK*

L0ts of great advice here, thank you, sounds like resist is the way to go, i can solo mobs like coon with ease, and even take on rikktor, but then when i come up against neira i get my butt handed to me ever time