1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Sampire Armor: Non-med vs Med

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Arcades, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    I've played a sampire for many years since the release of SE, and have always gone with Elf race, and medable val-made japanese armor (med). Throughout my travels I have always collected nice woodland pieces of armor for heartwood enhancement hoping to get MR2/HCI or DI/mage armor pieces with decent resists for an uber sampire suit (only having successfully enhancing less than a handful of pieces for the right mods).

With imbuing, its slightly easier to make this suit now if you go the non-med route. I saw a few players with full-on heartwood woodland suits with 10%DI per piece but all non-med. What are your thoughts on going non-med vs med armor? Since I run elf, I dont get the JOAT med/focus bonus, nor do I have med/focus on any of my sampire templates. I figure with leeching providing me 90% of my mana, the other 10% from Honor kills, I dont really see a downside in going non-med to free up either HCI or DI on my jewels for other properties if I can make a suit with 15%+ HCI or 40%+ DI.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    If (a) you're using an elf, (b) you don't have any skill points invested in meditation, and (c) you aren't using stealth, then I see no reason to have medable armor.