1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

sampire build questions....

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Asanbosam, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Asanbosam

Asanbosam Guest

hey all im back from a long stay away I started working on a sampire off of old old old posts now im looking at the new temps i dont get why some things have changed i was going for
    end result
    120 swords
    120 bushido
    120 parry
    100 tactic
    100 anat
    99 necro
    61 chiv

my problem is i see parry is alot lower and chiv his higher - i also droped anat for resist now can anyone give some suggestions whats the right way it works now .........

2. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

drop anat all together..

put chiv to 80
    and put 80 magic resist.

thats my sampire temp.

3. Asanbosam

Asanbosam Guest

ok sounds good so parry can stay at 120 because i was looking at all the temps in the fourms and most of them have like 80 parry i thought parry was a main part ... but thanks for info

4. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Some players will tell you that 80 magic resist is useless. Some say 100 might be enough for some use in PvM, others say even in PvM you should not go for less than 120. Resist is trained easily and swiftly.

5. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The way chiv used to work got changed recently. You now need 80 chiv for 100% chance that consecrate hits the lowest resist and 84 chiv to get 50% eoo bonus. If you want to do peerless, you will need more then 61 .

With current suits you can run less then 120 parry, thanks to feint, cap dci and hla.
    On what you spend the spare points doesnt really matter, everything has is pro's and con's depending on what you fight.
    For most flexibility you could aim for 90 or 100 anat/parry/resist and swap out as needed. Maybe bump tactics a bit if you want to run without anat.

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't see how 80 magic resist provides any benefit whatsoever.

I agree with at least 80 chiv, but would argue that Anat is more beneficial to a sampire because it increases damage output, therefore increasing your life leech.

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Up chivalry, keep anat, dump parry, add healing. You'll heal more with anat/healing than you'll deflect with parry. :)

8. Not a bad idea, but you lose part of the weapon special move discount without parry. I have run both templates, though.

9. Taylor

Aye, suppose so. Guess it depends on whether the person plans to PvP with a sampire.

10. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Why would you want to pvp with a sampire? Keep the parry for the mana discount. Save yourself the headache and if you see red run and get a big boy pvp temp.

11. Taylor

That's kind of my perspective, minus the parry point. :p

12. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

So you agree pvping on a sampire is a bit... umm touched?

13. Taylor

There are templates that are mo' better for PvP than sampires. I suppose I could see someone using a sampire for champ spawns, though, and getting sucked into a PvP situation.

14. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

This. No one brings a sampire to PvP, but sometimes you get raided while doing champ spawns. Unless you are running 4/6 Chiv with your sampire and MR on your suit (and I've never seen anyone doing that), healing is the best defense you've got. I run healing on my Siege sampire for this reason.

The original temp is one I used to use. It looks like 84 is the new Chiv sweet spot. I'm testing this temp now:

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    99 Necromancy
    90 Tactics
    90 Anatomy
    90 Healing
    84 Chiv
    60 Parry

The verdict isn't in yet, but this has healing with some parry. It requires at least 33 skill bonus. It's a modern rework of Lynk's original sampire temp back when he and Connor Graham used to banter on which template was the best.

There are lots of possible sampire temps. Keep reading the boards as there are tons if you look through all of the recent (post pub 71) threads.

15. elspeth

elspeth Guest

So it sounds like if you want to do lots of champ spawns and be prepared for possible pvp you should run anat/heal in your template.

If you want to be able to do just about any boss in game, including Peerless and Doom you might want to consider anat and resist instead.

That what I'm getting?
    -Elspeth

16. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you plan on doing champ spawns that is an option. That being said your odds are very low in anything other then Siege (where things are very different) that you will be able to hold your spawn. Best bet if your running a group is to have some sort of disarm weapon (that can buy you some time). Then I recommend going and getting a pvp (or more balanced pve temp) to try and fight it out for your spawn. In my experience the pvm sampires with healing don't hold up all that well in pvp.

17. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes for non champ spawn you would probably be better running the anatomy or resist. I normally swap out parry or resist based on what I am fighting so if you have the option to stone it off I would take it.

18. elspeth

elspeth Guest

so you have anat for more damage and then swap parry/resist? How do you determine what needs which? Resist only useful for necro monsters? Like those in Doom?

19. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well Doom is a very good example. I normally try and determine what causes me the most problem (which is often blood oath with necro monsters) but if I am dealing with dream wraiths then I like resist. If its more melee based then parry is a nice addition. Your not really handicapping yourself if you just pick one, but I get excitable like to keep my options open.

20. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I posted my complete template, armor and weapons for my spawning sampire a long time ago here. Other than a few new weapons and changing my armor suits on occasion, the only change I have made to her in over 2 years was a small chiv tweak, after pub 71. It is the best spawning template you can run, imho.

I have used her with great success for well over 2 years.

Bushido 120
    Swords 120
    Tactics 120
    Resist 120
    Necro 100
    Chiv 80
    parry 60

Like I said above, this build is for Champ spawns, I have build different variations for other purposes.

21. Asanbosam

Asanbosam Guest

yea this sounds perfect thats all i really plan on doing is champ spawns thanks for all the info everyone now just gott save for all these scrolls lol thanks again

22. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I use a nearly identical template, but fencing instead of swords . Works very well for me, but i do less spawns than most people here. Sometimes 120 anat when resist is not needed.

23. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Fencing is actually nice as a lot of your key weapons (kama and leaf blade) are already so close to cap of 1.25 Swing speed. I found that I can max them both which means I hit fast. But the Kama doesn't hit that hard and its your only whirlwind weapon.

24. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Whirlwind damage comes from hit area and bushido bonus. With 120 resist, nothing stops you from doing whirlwind at spawns. Kama is not as bad as it looks on paper. And there is still the possibility of a quick switch to leafblade and using momentum strike depending on the situation.

25. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I actually use fencing. If you read my post you will see that the only negative I am noting is that there is only one weapon that has that as a special with fencing. It is also much lighter then lets say one of the axes with whirlwind or a blackstaff. I also noted its very low swing speed which is a bonus.

26. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

the #1 thing that hurts me the most is blood oath.

Resisting Spells now reduces a percentage of Blood Oath damage by the following formula:
    ((Resisting Spells Skill x 10) / 20) + 10 = percentage of damage resisted.

so say i had 100 resist spells

100 x 10/20+10 is 60% damage resisted

now 80 resist spells

80 x 10/20+10 is 50% damage resisted

i might even drop magic resist down to 60 and up tactics to 120.

any is better then nothing and like parry better.

27. Trivan

Trivan Guest

reading up on sampire build... one question pops up - what benefit do I have taking Bushido from 100 to 120 - besides the +5% parry effect? is there any?

I got parry 100 and bushido 100 = 25% parry with 1h - wonder if its worth taking it to 120 "just" for 5% extra....

Also I see nobody useing spirit speak - I use that for curse weapon - and not sure I would like to fight without :) - well maybe its beceause my gear is still to far down the quality ladder - hehe

28. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

In vamp form there is no need to curse weapon. That is more a tool if your using wraith form and in that case the higher the SS the better.

29. curlybeard

curlybeard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've found spell resist to be fairly useless in a sampire template. Since your healing does not require mana, and your damage output is increased without the need of mana with lawyers, perfection, and EoO. Mana vampire isn't the horrible kiss of death that it is in some other templates. Just carry a trapped box for paralyze. Keep resist on a soulstone and swap for parry, when fighting critters that blood oath.

Edit: lawyers = slayers, damn autocorrect.

30. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Your right lawyers are dangerous and imbalancing to the game.​
    Thank you sharing that so we can all have a nice laugh.

31. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

At 120 Bushido, you can reach max perfection in 8 hits. And you have consistent success with momentum strike.

At 100 Busido, you can reach perfection in 10 hits. Momentum strike success to go off is reduced. But you have 20 skill points to play with.

I've used both and they can both work. 100 works when you don't have a scroll or you have a tight build skill point wise. If I can fit 120 bush I will do so.

32. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i actually did this. and since the stones are blessed just carry them around :)

so i have 100 resist and 60 resist, 100 parry and 120 parry and 100 tactics and 120 tactics.
    my temp is as of now.
    120 swords
    120 busido
    99 necro
    81 chiv
    100 resist or 60 resist
    100 tactics, or 120 tactics
    100 parry or 120 parry.

depending on what i do my main temp config is
    120 swords
    120 bush
    120 tactics
    120 parry
    60 resist
    99 necro
    81 chiv

works great for most monsters.

if i was going to doom or say the succubus champ id add
    100 tactics
    100 resist
    100 parry
    instead

33. Lord Gandalf

Lord Gandalf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

im so confused with Anatomy skill,
    my template is
    120 swords
    120 parry
    120 bush
    120 tactics
    100 anatomy
    99 Necro
    66 chiva

(ring+15parry)

i know i should raise chiva to 80
    so i was thinking about removing -100 ana
    lower tactics to 100
    and get 95 Resistsing spells

120 swords
    120 parry
    120 bush
    100 tactics
    95 resists
    99 Necro
    80 chiva

so what do u think?

34. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The resist can be nice, but as a better alternative use a soul stone to hold it and swap it with parry based on what your fighting. Going against a foe that likes necro spells bring resist. Going after something that hits hard take parry. Its not a perfect system but it works pretty well over all and without some of the issues.

Fusilli Zaitsev likes this.