1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sampire or Gargoyle?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Prime., Jan 24, 2012.

1. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Just a little discussion, I'm looking to make my first Sampire, however, I was told that there's a gargoyle pvm template that's more powerful then the Sampire.

Any opinions?

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I've got lots of them.

3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if more powerful necessarily but there is a mystic thrower that is good and the necro-thrower that can be powerful too. They aren't really tanks per say but both work and are fun and have insane damage outputs. I myself like to use my sampire but that is really just personal preference for the most part for the others I use them where they are needed and the sampire is weak.

4. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Recall that gargoyles cannot mount and therefore cannot gain the benefit from an armored swamp dragon. However, you also get 5 follower slots free because you are not riding. Perhaps you can use this as inspiration to create a hybrid character.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

The wraith-thrower can out damage the sampire, but it cannot tank. It is a trade off.

I have both and use them for different purposes. I like the thrower for slow bosses (i.e. Slasher, Rikktor, etc). For anything I'm going to get toe-to-toe with, I would much rather have my sampire.

-OBSIDIAN-

6. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Is it possible to tank Slasher?

7. RuSini Neb

RuSini Neb Journeyman

I tank him on my sampire thrower all the time... Well I kite him more or less, takes a good amount of time to figure out how to escape effectively from his falling rocks... Basically I kite him around a fountain and when he comes around each corner and is line of sight of me I hit him once then move to other end of other corner. This almost always insures when he yells I am at max range and don't get caught in the rock fall.

8. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

With a Stone Form Mystic dexxer, yes.

Now I don't call running around the fountains with Slasher using a ranged character tanking... But the wraith thrower can be very effective using this tactic.

9. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Does it have a sense to change Meditation for Focus and cast Stone Form from scroll? (using 30 "free" Mysticism any garg has)

I have no Resisting Spells and orange petals have delay 1-2 seconds (enough time to became dead sometimes).

10. semmerset

semmerset Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Do you want to fight with what kind of monster?
    Warrier's use is different.

Champion spawn,I choice sampire
    My solo time is not fast, semidor time 25-30min,primaval lich time 35-40min.
    I dont choice thrower.

Slasher
    2 Mystic dexxer is very easy.
    Sometime I and my partner fight slasher with nightcap.
    Wraith thrower can solo slasher,but hard and boring.
    I dont use sampire for slasher.

Nimuaq likes this.