1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sampire question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Jj85624, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Jj85624

Jj85624 Visitor

Hi guys, thanks again to all those people replied to my resisting spell question.
    So I went back to looked at my old warrior template, after long hours of reading different forums, I decided to make him into a sampire.

I am pretty sure I want to take the following skills.

weapon skill
    anatomy
    tactic
    bushido
    necro
    parrying
    chiva

So my question is, I also want healing for my character, I know chiva can heal too, but using bantage to heal myself while running or fighting is just better, in my opinion. I have seen a lot of templates out there for sampire does not have healing. I don't understand why, can someone care to explain to me?
    Should I drop maybe parrying for healing???

thanks again guys! good to be back!

2. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A sampire cast the spell vampiric embrace...then about half of all your hits come back to you as health....I sit with my axe or blade staff hacking away and my health bar seldom moves at all....

My template which I love is this
    120 sword
    120 bush
    120 tactics
    120 resist

90 chiv
    70 parry
    100 necro

The only time I cast close wounds is when I razz

Stats are
    125 str
    125 dex
    10 intel

I hit at 1.25 secs
    I have 45 chi
    45 dci
    45 ltc

Many people forgo resist for 120 anat....
    I lose 25 pts damage per swing but usually survive a lot more.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You don't need healing on a sampire. The entire point of this sort of char is to hit big and thus leech back life while sustaining the least amount of damage. If you trade away parrying you will sustain more damage and potentially loose stamina during the fight. Remember your swing speed (and thus your life leech rate) depends on stamina. Also, remember 300 combat skill points gives you -10 mana cost on specials. This is very important as you use armor ignore or double strike to defeat your foes.

4. Jj85624

Jj85624 Visitor

But I think I read somewhere in the forum that if your using 2h weapon, your chance to block versus wielding a shield is not so much different. So would a 2h sampire less efficient than a 1h sampire? I have macing btw. thanks!

5. Jj85624

Jj85624 Visitor

BTW, the 300 combat skill points meaning my weapon skill, tactics and anatomy?

thanks!

6. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior's skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost.

More can be found here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/specialmoves.php

7. Obsidian

If you have Bushido and Parrying, you do NOT want to use a shield. 2H weapons do have a block advantage over 1H weapons. The difference is about a 5% bonus for 2H vs 1H. Check out this page for more info on the actual formulas: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php#blockchance

8. Jj85624

Jj85624 Visitor

thank you!!!

Obsidian likes this.
  9. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

300 pts combat skills refers to weapon, tactics and parry... not anatomy ...I believe

10. Obsidian

Throwing is also included in the skills that count.

11. Chaim

Chaim Visitor

Timberwolf,

I'm looking at your template above and I have a question. How is the 70 parry working for you? I have a guild mate who recently told me he uses 60 parry and hasn't noticed a difference from 120. I just don't understand how that can be so.

Also, is there much difference between 100 resist at 120? I ask because you show 120 and again my guild mate said he found no difference and he uses 100.

I've been back about a month after being gone for 10 years so I'm still learning what's changed. I like the sampire I've made but I am also curious about the difference between using VE and 100% HLL.

12. Obsidian

I notice a difference from 120 parrying. Try Navrey and stand there webbed with 120 Bush/60 Parry and then try 120 Bush/120 Parry. You'll die in the first and live in the second.

Now if you can sustain the damage and stamina loss in a battle with your vampire and weapon leeches, then60 parrying will work fine. It often depends on the foe and your setup.

13. Chaim

Chaim Visitor

I do have 120 parry currently but I have to finish the last couple points of Bushido. The template I was planning on going with leaves me at 60 chivalry. Which I recently read doesn't give me the max damage mod for EOO.

What template works for you Obsidian?

14. Obsidian

I run two templates, one with resist (great for necro casting foes) and one which is a pure tank:

Resist Sampire
    120 Swordsmanship
    120 Bushido
    120 Resist
    115 Tactics
    99 Necromancy
    86 Chivalry
    60 Parrying

Tank Sampire
    120 Swordsmanship
    120 Bushido
    120 Parrying
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    99 Necromancy
    84 Chivalry (61 base +23 on items)

84 Chiv is what you need for 50% EOO bonus and CW works at 100% of the foes weakest resist. I hit harder with the Tank and he is great for Navrey. However, I wouldn't dare try Primeval Lich or the Undead champ spawn without resist. The resist guy does great there.

BTW, there are a multitude of sampire templates all of which are effective. In the end, you'll need to experiment and find the one that fits your play style and available gear.

15. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

The biggest difference I have found with going to 120 resist..(now) 60 parry is I am a much more efficient tank. I am a simple guy and use simple tactics...I use 100 HML blade staffs against bosses.....and 65 hml double axes against mobs for WW.

I can usually chain 7-10 AIs together before I throw in a couple LS. Nasty bosses like riktor I just joust them to death. The key for me has always been honouring the boss. I can solo most bosses but it is more fun to hunt with a couple friends.... The other key for me is practice, first time I battled Meph she was a real pain....much harder then navery. But now we typically pull her off without a death.

120 resist spells give me the ability to survive when I really struggled without resists.

It is a great template...have fun with it.

16. Chaim

Chaim Visitor

Your template adds up to 740 points. Which of your gear are you using + skills on?