1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sampire race?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by MrSafin, Dec 16, 2009.

1. MrSafin

MrSafin Guest

Hi, i'm an ultima online newbie and i've just created a human sampire. I've taken a look on the guide on sampires on this very forum, and it says that a sampire should be elf... but i kinda dislike elves in general. :)

My question is, can a human still be good as a sampire?

Thanks,

Marco

2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yep.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Humans can be good sampires, they just have to compensate for having less mana to play with.

4. MrSafin

MrSafin Guest

In fact, my main problem right now is mana...

when i play my sampire (i'm still at the beginnings, by the way), i find it really hard to manage mana. I have 25 intelligence right now, and i don't know if i should put an higher value on it.

5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Just remember having a higher mana cap wont help you regenerate it faster.

6. You need to make sure that all of the weapons you use have a high mana leech on them.

7. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The Sampire is over-rated. You need to be playing in Wraith Form instead of Vamp form. Usually refered to as Wammy? Anyway, in Wraith form I never have to worry about mana, and I only need about 45 or 50 necro which gives me 50 extra skill points. I can kill the Dread Horn solo in about 10 minutes, and its an EASY kill.

8. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Plain Sampire is suboptimal... Wraith fighters are good. Sampire is a good starting template, and if people are clever they can tweak it in several different way to make it much better.

(and the name "whammy" need to die in whichever pit of hell it was created in :mad:)

9. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I agree completely. I started out on a "Sampire" and it was good to get the hang of things and test out a new play style. But these days I find Wraith Form much more effective when fighting high end spawn one on one. As for the term "Whammy", I also agree. ********. Not sure that "Samerwraith" or "Wraithior" would be any better though.

10. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Don't need an abbreviation "Wraith Warrior" or "Wraith Fighter" works fine.

11. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

sampires r much better than whammies and ive tried both...with imbuing out now i can put mana leech on any weapon(just about) making wraith form useless imo...plus sampires can ride swampy for damage reduction and better speed...wraiths are stuck on foot and have to carry pig iron for an additional spell called curse weapon...

12. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Waits excitedly for the coming onslaught....

13. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I agree 100% with Nicky.

Wraiths are good for somethings. But overall I'd rather be on my sampire any day.

Only thing i prefer whammy for is Parox.

14. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Eh, i might as well take a shot at it...

Ever been able to chain AI indefinitely (every single hit) on a creature with a large mana pool on a sampire? Didn't think so.

Curse weapon... 50% Life steal that lasts for 30 seconds is such a burden, no idea how anyone could stand it. And carry *one* reagent?? I don't have room in my pack for a SINGLE reagent.

Damage reduction, 20% on swampy? (or 12% for those weird people with Paroxy swampies) Chaining Feint is a lot better.
    Better speed? what do you need speed for? Do you actually have to joust things on a Sammy?

15. And Travesty...

16. I'll take vamp embrace over wraith form on a Samp type of char. Curse weapon isn't worth the time, life leech from from, and 70+ on a wep, with 40ish mana leech, easily has wraith smashed. All I ever cast is EoO, and Con wep. Tear stuff down. Course with your choice of slayer wep.

:p

17. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Can anyone give me a few pointers on Proxy please,

Iv been in to try him a couple of times but probably had the wrong set up!
    What i can make out from reading here and what iv found other places is,

Wraith form
    Curse wepon
    Wepon with Feint

What damage wepon do people use [physical or split]?
    How do you handle the adds when first going in there?
    Is there a best place to tank him?

Thanks

Thunderz

18. Level 2 or higher monster ignore/Honor virtue gives enough time to Honor kill each of the Bulbous Putrifiers.

100% Fire weapon is best but not vital. Saves you having to cast consecrate if you can get one.

You only need Phys & Poison resist in there.

I've never done it on a Wraith (never tried to), done it over 80 times on a Sampire.

Oh and the bonus/point of a Paroxysmus's Swamp Dragon over an ordinary swamp dragon is the armor doesn't break. You can insure barding deeds but some people don't have mules to make them and don't want to spend money on it all the time.

19. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

True, but if you do have a mule (having one is a good idea for imbuing convenience) they're really not too expensive, grab a good talisman and a +10 or +15 ash, and at 120 you have 100% exceptional chance and can buy ingots (ore) from faction vendors for typically less than 14gp per which is... about 10k per armor.
    if a ParoxySwampy is 7 mil that's 700 armors worth of much better armor that pays for itself just with saved insurance money.
    Having a mule will end up saving you a *lot* of money, depending on how much you imbue.

Oh and to reply to the Original Post's question, if you don't mind the goofy look of an elf, and you don't use meditation, look into heartwood (and bloodwood) armor. Tons of free resists and heartwood has a chance of having either +5HCI or +10DI on each piece if you have lots of money to throw around. If you're in factions you can use the elf-earrings, but will then need some other source of nightsight. (NS spells and potions are screwed up, cant trust them)

20. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

20% vs 50%, didn't do so hot in math classes? :p
    As an aside, i don't even run wraith form (usually) Sampire with Curse weapon on a Exceptional swampy! 70% damage to health 20% damage reduction, and if i even bother with feint (rarely do, unless against something with insane damage like rend) i can chain that too!
    Best of both worlds.

... and Semidar

21. Garm The Green

Garm The Green Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Completely agree.

Why not have the curse part without wraith form though?
    If CW leeches 50%, is VE worth 60 extra point to achieve another 20%, low level poison immunity (petals) and inherent stam/mana regen?

22. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Don't ask me why others don't, it works just fine.
    More importantly is all that + swamp barding.

23. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sadly on being caught on foot on siege is death, or I'd probably perfer using wraith form, for the extra skill points.

24. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You can use mirror images in wraith form. At 120 ninjitsu, it's 90% chance to completely negate damage from attacks.

In fel, wraith form also don't need to use stamina to push thru other mobs.

25. [JD]

[JD] Guest

as i have 120 ninja, i need to remember to use mirror image more on my pvp archer heavy server