1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sampire Temp

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Fridgster, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Trying a new attempt at a sampire template and I was hoping for some feedback. Trying to combine the best of all worlds... but i realize sometimes that doesn't work. Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

120 Bushido
    120 Swords
    120 Tactics
    100 Resist (hate being para'd + Helps reduce mana vamp)
    100 Necromancy
    92 Chiv
    80 Parry
    70 Spirit (mainly for using Curse Weapon which i like to use alot. Gives me 22 seconds)

Resists: 65/70/69/70/75
    HP:127 (worried that it may be too low) mana:65 Stam:152
    DCI:61 (may use divine fury once in a while)
    HCI:15 (afraid this might hurt me, hoping constant LS between feints and AI will help)
    DI:100 LMC:34(may sacrifice 10 parry to increase this to 40) MR:9 SR:16 HPR:2

2. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Would be a fine template.I wonder what sort of suit you are using to reach semi decent stats with 800 skillpoints.
    15 hci is the weak point here. Sacrifice some dci and something else to get above 40 . As long as you keep hitting your enemy, you dont need much dci, you also got feint and curse weapon.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Completely agree with the HCI comment. I once tried running a sampire with 15 HCI and tried to just use LS. It didn't work too well. When I tried to feint or AI I just wiffed continuously. I would drop DCI to 45 and raise HCI to 40ish. Also consider running HLD on the weapon to ensure you keep hitting your opponent (and thus keep healing yourself via life leech).

4. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The low HCI is probably going to be a problem. Your in real trouble if your not hitting and that is likely going to slow you down.

5. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

thank you all for the feedback! Think i may just keep it simple. this is my final build:

120 bushido
    120 swords
    100 tactics
    100 necro
    100 chiv
    100 parry
    80 spirit speak

142/154/58

70/70/70/70/75 (in vamp form)

39 lmc 45 hci/dci (actually 70 in dci) 90 DI built into suit/jewels and 50 EP
    I also use mace and shield which gives 30 hld

Tried DH using 2 weaps first was a leafblade of ease with basic mods 40 ml and sl + 30 ssi and 40 DI - was very interesting considering i forgot to recharge my tithing points and ran out 2 minutes into the battle. I was still able to overcome no cons weap and eoo with curse weap and honor damage bonus. Took forever though.

Second try was with my favorite katana: HML: 62 HSL: 50 HLA: 50 HLD: 50 and DI of 25. No ssi but with 150+ stam + refresh pots + DF i didnt seem to have any issues and DH went down in under 15 minutes. I must say though I wish I had a leaf blade with my katana's stats because feint + Swamp Drag + high DCI = minimal damage

Do you think it would be worth dropping parry to 60 and adding 40 resist spells? Might even be able to work in some skill mods to make it 60 resist without effecting my other mods (please keep in mind I hate being para'd probably why in the 12 years that ive played that I have never PVP'd)

6. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I believe 60 resisting spells will be useless. But you can drop parry to 60 and get 120 tactics and chivalry.

7. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't even think of that. That's a good idea. Do explosion traps work on the mobs' paralyze? I can't count the times that I have litterally sat through the full 10 seconds.

8. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have two chars:
    The one has 60 chivalry - and it's almost useless. I'm going to drop it.
    Another char has 110 chivalry - and it makes the char. He can do pretty well without using other skills (but he has 2/6 FC/FCR).

It depends on your style of playing. If you are going to use it for concentrate weapon, occasional EoO and rare DF to refresh stamina after crossing a server boundary ... then 80-90 chivalry should be enough.

9. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

They should do.
    And I believe 60 Resisting Spells don't help you vs monsters with 100+ Eval

10. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Great info thanks, and sure enough explos boxes work. No more waiting 10 seconds to take another swing for me hehe. Again great info thank you!