1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sampire template

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by StaticOnAtlantic, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Standard Sampire template:

120 swords
    120 bushido
    120 parry
    100 anatomy
    100 tactics
    95 necro
    65 chiv
    = 720

Good to go?

2. also best way to train swords up? Sparing?

And gear set up.

thanks guys

3. Zyron

Zyron Guest

you need at least 99 necro

that but with 99 necro 61 chiv?

4. maybe a +5 jewl to but necro @ 100

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Why not just do 60 chiv and 100 necro, and use jewelry for chiv so you aren't absolutely dependent on jewelry?

6. That's what I ended up doing. I'd borrowed points from Tactics to get Chiv to 65, but when I imbued my new ring/brace set I added +10 Chiv instead of +5 Tactics to get the bigger benefit from that mod slot.

7. Question:

Why swords on a sampire template? Is there some benefit to it that other fighting weapons don't give/allow? Is fencing a viable alternative? How about mace fighting? Please advise. Thanks!

8. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

To answer Bills question, sampires depend on damage output for viability. Fencing can certainly be viable, but many people go with mace for high damage output or swords for versatility and the whirlwind special.

To Static regarding training, here's the way I train it.
    0 - 40 Buy in New Haven
    40 - 55 Shadow wisps at Ilsh Spirituality/Lord Oaks champ
    55 - 70 Throw on skill jewels to bring yourself to 70 and start golem whacking
    70 - 120 Once you hit 70 real skill, remove the jewels and train to 120

Before I golem train, I usually complete the spellweaving quest. By using the weaving spell "gift of renewal" (human JoAT works; even elves can cast occasionally) on your golem, you can keep him fully healed. All you'd need to worry about, then, is keeping your 100% poison weapon repaired.

Another tip regarding training. You can train parry to 120 at the yew sheep pens in 6-or-so hours, but it becomes much harder to do so with high bushido. Either stone off bushido before training parry or train parry first.

9. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

The least boring way to train is from 90+ to just kill stuff. Champ spawns are good if you have a group to go with, can always kill low-level mini-champs, or other stuff.

could always kill low levels of a Fel spawn for the occasional SoT.

10. Anyer

Anyer Guest

Actually I just trained from 100-120 parry on sheep with 120 bushi and no shield a few days ago. Just equipped a wand ( I am swords) and the gains were VERY fast, I think you could go from 0-120 in an hour or less max on sheep even with high bushido. I know it does not make sense, but I seemed to gain much faster without a shield than with, even with 120 bushido. At least that was my experience

11. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Good to hear.

I am naturally inclined to train bushido last, as it takes longer than the other sampy skills. Regardless, this toon shouldn't be hard to train up.

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I just trained parry from 0-120 and i already had 120 bush. Took less than 1.5 hrs. I used the female wrestlers in the pits.

13. shulginist

shulginist Guest

For my chars with parrying I have always went to delucia and rounded up a bunch of birds and used a weapon I did not have any skill without a shield. Always has worked wonders.

14. dlwiii

dlwiii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

How does this work without any magic Resistance? I got a sampire, but balrons cast paralyze on me and I'm toast. lich lords throw fire at me.

15. Az of DSR

Az of DSR Guest

I like to drop tactics for healing, ornate axe for mass damage. ( =

16. Carry a trapped box with you, and have backups ready in case you die and get looted. That takes care of paralyze. For the magical fire attacks, you must overcap fire resist to compensate for the -25 from vamp form. It's tricky to do, but can be done with some effort.