1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

sampire wep

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Law of Hell, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Law of Hell

Law of Hell Guest

i found a hatchet in my house and i was wondering if it was good for my sampire, knowing that i seek to solo peerless like dreadhorn.

mods are on the hatchet :

ssi 30
    di 45
    hml 42
    hsl 38

let me know what you think, thank you in advance :)

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

should work vs dreadhorn and paroxyamous....
    vs Travesty hit area spell comes in handy
    vs the rest I do not know

3. The mods are ok, but how good it is for your char specifically would depend on what the base speed of the wep is and how high your dex is.

4. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Aside from what Connor said, whirlwind weapons are nice since they give that bonus when you are using bushido. You will have to check the Samurai 侍 FAQ as I don't remember what the bonus is.

So a weapon that has the whirlwind special on it, and then a weapon that is hard hitting with mana leech, stamina leech, HLD, and/or HLA and whatever else for horns, bells and whistles that intrigues you. :D

Don't pick one with frenzied whirlwind though as that and whirlwind aren't the exact same thing in terms of bonuses. In terms of moves though, they are. However, one is a primary move, and I believe frenzied is a secondary. So...it's a bit of a mana hog.

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think your hatchet is an excellent sampire weapon. Specifically for Dreadhorn.

It's a 2.75 second wep, so with 120 stam and 30 ssi you will swing max speed. I'd suggest going way over on your stam, because Dreadhorn has that affect that lowers all of your stats.

As far as the people saying you need a whirlwind weapon, that's obv pretty easy. Every build should have multiple weapons. I'd find a 3 leech radiant scimitar (non soulseeker) for **** like the doom gauntlet, but otherwise your hatchet should cover it.

6. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

As long as you carry enough dexterity to stay at a swing speed delay of 1.25 seconds (the cap for swing speed...from what I recall), when cursed it will be a fine solo-type weapon. e.g. When you are doing PvM and 1 vs. 1 fighting.

A hatchet performs well enough though that you will outperform an ornate axe 11.2 vs. 10.86 (if both packed 30 ssi) just as a FYI.