1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

samuari

Discussion in 'UHall' started by woody, May 27, 2008.

1. woody

woody Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

would do you think is the best template for a samuari

2. Zeke

Zeke Sage
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I like mine:

120 Bushido
    120 Swords
    115 Parry (104 with +11 bracelet)
    90 Healing
    90 Tactics
    81 Anat
    80 Chiv
    35 Necro (100 with items for Vamp Embrace)
    720 Total

With a decent Mana Leech weapon this char can take on most mobs solo. I ate the 120 Swords scroll yesterday and went from 115 to 120 in 2 1/2 hours of killing a room full of reponds in Ish (Ogre Lords, Trogs, Ettin & Trolls as well as Para versions of all 4). At one point I was fighting 4 Para Ogre Lords at the same time with Soul Seeker & Whirlwind it was quite doable.

3. woody

woody Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ok can call me dumb what do you mean with items for vamp embrace

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

He is referring to items that give you additional skill points in that skill. In this case, probably the midnight Bracers, Ring, Bracelet and the Ossiam Grimoire (sp?).

5. woody

woody Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

thanks will have to check that last one out

6. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Put items on, cast vampric embrace for all the bonuses, take items off and put your normal armor on, abuse poorly thought out system, etc.

7. Zeke

Zeke Sage
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

While it has the bonus of Hit Pt Leech (20% of damage caused) and Poison resistance, it also has the penalty of being damaged by using garlic and a big hit to your fire resist. I'm also using 35 real skill points to cast ONE spell with the items on so I think it's a fair exchange (plus the extra insurance cost for the 4 items - Jewelry, Mid Bracers, and Blood tali).

8. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

You forgot about the mana and stamina regen bonuses.

Also since most of the people employing this tactic are dexxers, the garlic damage really doesn't apply.

9. woody

woody Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

sounds like this will give me a lot to work on

10. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's a fair trade, I agree. Sammy is a tight template as it is.

**edited other stuff out due to .... don't get me started**

11. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Then if this is abuse then so are crafting totems and ancient hammers and all skill jewelry. Anything that lets you bump your skill and perform something you could not normally do without the skill increase.

12. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

You're comparing 2 different things.

What happens after you remove the items you listed? That's right..you lose the benefit of those items. You don't get to retain the bonuses of those items until the next time you die.

Big difference.

13. galefan2004

galefan2004 Guest

I know my friend that plays a samauri archer actually does 200+ damage per hit to lady mel if he gets to honor her.

14. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

WRONG, tamer jewels up to tame something, after they take the jewels off they still have the creature. Crafter totems and ASHs up make something then they still have it afterwards. Nice try.

15. Baghdaddy1

Baghdaddy1 Guest

Woody,

When the profession forms come back up look under samurai and I believe they stickied a post I made last year about soloing peerless bosses as a samurai in vampire form and I posted my template on there which is pretty much the same.

Basically:

120 weapon skill
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    healing
    anatomy
    tactics
    chiv
    necro

thats is it in a nutshell, I left the bottom skills open because it really depends on your playstyle. Since I am a pvper my skills are adjusted accordingly whereas if you want only pvm you can make other tweaks but the bottom line is include the above skills and you will have a decent template. After the posts I made on the samurai form, I came back from afghanistan and all I see at the bank are samurai's in vamp form bank sitting with profiles saying how they can solo this peerless boss and so forth. good luck

16. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

If they take off the jewels and their skill drops below the required skill they cannot bond or control the pet.

They may still have the item but they would have to re-equip the item if they wanted the same bonuses again. It's not like the effects last until death like vampric embrace.

Just because you and many others are using this "feature" to your advantage (MYSELF INCLUDED) does not mean it isn't a little whack and it is abusing a poor game design.

If the Devs wanted you to have all the benefits of vampric embrace for a measley 35 skill points then they wouldn't have set the minimum at 99 would they?

17. galefan2004

galefan2004 Guest

In all fairness it was developers that threw items at necromancers to give them free skill points.

Lets see...

Midnight Bracers +20
    Obsidian Grimore +10
    Bloodwood Spirit +5
    Ring/Brace +30

That is 65 skill points from items. If the developers didn't want you to be able to do this they wouldn't have added those items into the game.

18. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

I certainly won't argue that the Devs are short sighted and don't play their own game enough to know half the things players will try in order to work the system. I'm sure the Devs added those items thinking people would actually wear them permanently to increase their skill. I bet in a million years it never dawned on them that players would use them in the manner they are being used today.

19. galefan2004

galefan2004 Guest

Yes because all developers are idiots and so are testers. I'm willing to bet the testers were doing this way before the items even hit live realms. I'm also willing to bet that the developers really don't care because there was a huge push to make warriors a dominate force in this game, and the result of that movement is that warriors now do 2x the damage of all other play styles while taking 1/2 the damage of all other play styles and are able to solo most creatures as easily if not more easily then any other play style.

20. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Baghdaddy1 had an awesome post on sammy. Quite insightful. Welcome back.

21. Duku

Duku Guest

I posted this in other section ^^

Its an alternative: No parry, Max anatomy, healing, tactics. Parry + Fast weapon.
    Baghdaddy's post was my holy guide, i learned hot to build a Sampire from him :)

If you want, here there is a nice discussion you could read

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=446

22. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Yes because the QA team of this game is top notch.

Compared to the tamer who takes zero damage?

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!