1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Samurai Platemail Mage Armor - Remove It

Discussion in 'UHall' started by PlayerSkillFTW, Jun 22, 2012.

1. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else find it annoying that when Samurai Platemail is made Exceptional, it automatically gets Mage Armor attached to it, wasting a Imbuing slot/intensity for Warriors? I would like to see this removed, or make it to where the Whetstone of Enervation can remove the Mage Armor from it.

Tjalle and Sauteed Onion like this.
  2. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Yes, that can be annoying. Should be free to choose, because sometimes it´s nice to get it for free (no need for abyssal cloth) and other times you just don´t need it. Consequence: Make it optional :)

3. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Yeah, I ran into this issue a few weeks back when I wanted to make a certain look on my Samurai warrior. I had to choose another look because I didn´t want to waste 5 imbue slots on the mage armour property.
    Needless to say, my warrior is not happy about this....

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually, what they should do is make mage armor not count at all even if you imbue it. It's a freebie on leather.

sablestorm, Raptor85 and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  5. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

that was always good for people using val hammers to make mage armor
    that way they were sure to make it medable since val hammers are so much better than barbed kits

Raptor85 likes this.
  6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

agreed. They still haven't released how they plan to make metal worth something again, that certainly might be part of it.
    If it's retained, I think it should be applied fairly where holding a weapon or shield w/o the mage tag would spawn it's negative effect. Armor is armor since it became all about the numbers - more variety would offer a bit of RP opportunity. You could see guilds dressed like twins, making it really fun in fighting

7. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I just don't see a reason to even have the armor penalty anymore since there's no armor bonus for using heavier armors now, especially since they changed it so warriors need tons of mana now also.

Also though, an interesting thing about the plate sam armor you may not know, even though it's "mage armor" that doesn't count as a mod for reforging, you can reforge exceptional samurai plate. What's interesting about it is it's the cheapest, easiest way to get 150 luck or 10 lmc on each piece (dull copper hammers make "clean" items far more often, are cheaper and more common, and have more uses than spined runics) Yeah you lose some max power on the suit which does suck but still, it is a very cheap way to build a simple high luck suit or lmc suit.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  8. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, i know how that is. My Samurai/Swordsman was pretty famous (or infamous, depending on who you ask) on my server for not only wrecking gank squads, but also because of my unique look. I also even co-starred in an episode of UO Thief. UO Thief | Episode 101: Trickery in the Night (I knew what he was doing, but didn't care. I had a GM Chef that could pop out Savage Kin Paint like a Pez dispenser). Kind of funny though how those screenshots showed that he was using an illegal third party program to keep my backpack open while he was out of range, lol.

Back then, the Mage Armor wasn't a problem since i mainly used high end Samurai Platemail looted from monsters for my equipment. But now that Imbuing is out, the Mage Armor puts a serious cramp on that char's armor style options. Trying to put together an all 70's (Corpse Proof) Samurai Platemail Suit with 40% LMC, +15 Health, +Mana and MR is pretty much impossible with Mage Armor being on the armor.

They do need to balance Leather vs Metal vs Wood though for Armor. One way is to make one of the metal types (Like Valorite) give an innate 5% Kinetic Eater to Metal Armor, which doesn't count against Imbuing. If you wear a full suit of Valorite Armor, right there is the cap of 30% Kinetic Eater.

9. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

negative, snooped packs do not close when out of range unless you yourself walk after they're out of range (or if they hide), you can leave packs open and watch them after they've moved