1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Saving a dying plant?

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Gantry, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Gantry

Gantry Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I read the FAQ sticky above, but am a little unsure exactly how to do this. Do you apply 2 of each potion or just GS and GH? I have a 'bowl of soft dirt with a dying white sapling' that I need to save if possible. I also had several plants that I over watered the second day :( and they became wilted so I added 2 GS with no water then next day all the bowls were empty. Any help is much appreciated!

2. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It will take a couple of days, but it can be done.

If the poison or disease marker (insect or fungus) is yellow, just use 1 of the appropriate potions - I also throw in 2 GH and 2 GS pots. If the marker is red, use 2 of the appropriate potions, again with the GH and GS pots.

If you over water, throw on the GS AND the GH pots and pray. And be prepared for the plant to either outright die, or for it to be diseased.

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

If you notice that you managed to plant a seed in a bowl of squishy or soggy dirt, you can dump the seed out of the bowl if the bowl is still on day 1. After you dump out the seed, just plant it in another bowl of softened dirt.

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

If only few days old, not yet a flower, best way is to emty the pot and get the seed back. If it show you will get a pot and a seed from emty the pot, do it.

Else add 2 GS and 2 GH and no other potions unless they need them.

Wilted and dying plants can be hard to safe, special if still over watered or they got to much GC or GP

Good luck with your plants

5. Gantry

Gantry Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for all the info. I think I understand now although I lost my white seed before I found out what to do. I did bring another one back from wilted to vibrant and hope I got it down now. Thanks again off to plant some more seeds :)

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Also try to aviod using fertile dirt if have tendencies of late care. Fertile dirt can cause plants to jump days or become real ill. Did have a plant full growth and pollinated in 6 days using fertile dirt. Also had plants struggle and take extra days before reaching full growth.

7. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Some people enjoy spam as their breakfast meat. Some even enjoy it on pizza. However, I can guarantee that, universally, nobody likes it on message boards. You only need to ask a question once - usually in its own thread, and not in every single post of a forum...

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!