1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Saving Hot Key Macro

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by BajaElladan, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hail Folks,

All of my characters on all of my accounts use Hot Keys (F1 Allnames, F2 last object, etc). I have never had success having the macro or Hot Keys being remembered on a character by character basis.

What I mean is this, is there a way once a character on an account sets a hot key for that to be tied to that character so it works each time the character logs on?

I think currently if one character on acct A sets a hot key, but then another character on same acct uses same hot key for different use it overwrites the 1st character.

So Basically I guess I have 2 questions:

Is there a way to save all my hot key settings character by character?

and,

On Skills Parchment I create either a New or Active Group for each character placing their used skills all in one Group. Is there a method to also save those settings Character by Character?

Thank You in Advance for any and all help!!

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

erm, they're supposed to save individually. I'm not sure why yours don't.
    When you create your hot keys do you then log out of the game through the paper doll or just exit?

3. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I always log out thru paperdoll, only exceptions are if I crash, or internet connection fails.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

What operating system? (wondering if this could be a Win7/Vista run as administrator issue)

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just curious, do the characters have the same name?

also do you have the global settings box checked?(in uoa)

6. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Also, does the account or character name have a space in it that could prevent proper OS handling of folder paths? Normally this should produce an error message ... but there have been cases of silent failure.