1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Say what? When did this change?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Chaos, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

From another thread, which is a statement that makes no sense.

Petra, either you're putting out misinformation by saying that this is a valid statement or the rules have been changed.

It has not, for as long as I remembered been against the rules to buy UO gold/items for RL money. Its been banned on Ebay, sure, but thats for other games sake and they won't make an exception for some rinkydink small game like UO.

Its not allowed on Stratics and other sites, which is of course their own policy and one that was instituted because of the hassle of having to deal with fraud and scams involving RL cash.

Whats not been allowed is to obtain the items/gold through cheating, though these are two different things that sometimes overlap.

Its also not allowed to advertise it in game, but you aren't allowed to advertise many things PERIOD in game.

But in all, it has never been a bannable offense to sell or buy UO items. (except for a short confused time way way back), so unless something has changed recently, then the above two statements are in error and I dislike misinformation being spread, especially by semi-official sources.

2. Sounds to me like you are advocating a legal way to cheat, that is unfair to all those players who can't afford to buy in-game items for real life money. Hasn't that been your argument all along?

IBTL :popcorn:

3. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

I am not advocating anything, I am advocating getting real information.

As far as I know, RL transactions with items in UO has never been bannable or a cheat.

So take your nonesense elsewhere please.

4. HAHA... very funny coming from you. I don't know anyone who posts more nonsense than you do. You could find the information in the knowledge database. But then, that would take some effort on your part wouldn't it.

With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site.

It seems pretty clear to me that includes real money transactions.

5. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

DUUUHH!! HELLO, MCFLY!!!

I clearly stated it earlier, its NOT ALLOWED to be advertised IN GAME, but neither are a lot of other services, heck there was a time where people were punished for advertising UO Stratics and other sites.

This has nothing to do with selling or buying for RL money outside the game. And as such, unless you have some proof to the contrary, then its still allowed.

6. Perhaps you should contact EA/Mythic for clarification then.

7. Saris

Saris Guest

well nothing i checked the roc and tos closest i got was.
    "With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site."

that simply means you cant advertise on UO or a UO web service though.

like leaving a book in games about selling gold for cash would violate this.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Reopening locked threads?

*installs padlock*

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.