1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

scabbys wife

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by whiterabbit, Apr 16, 2015.

1. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

back in for surgery todaze
    has abcess from her last surgery
    good thoufgt plz

Flutter and DreadLord Lestat like this.
  2. TehanChesapeake

TehanChesapeake Lore Master

Sending positive waves from the north !!

whiterabbit and DreadLord Lestat like this.
  3. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

My best wishes to Lady Laurel and the entire family. Keeping my fingers crossed for them.

4. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

She has a severe abscess, approx 8 inches by 8 inches according to the doctor. I believe that the surgery was royally screwed up the last time because she saw most of the main hospital admins and they wanted to know about her surgery and the doctor and all kinds of questions relating to it. The surgery was done at the same hospital and the surgeon was their surgeon that was on call that night. They did a CT scan early this morning and they did an xray this evening. I am thinking that the CT scan showed something maybe left in there from the previous surgery due to the xray. They said it was to rule out pneumonia but she has no cough or signs of that and they didn't need an xray to rule it out before her hernia surgery. They also said that they would have someone from the infectious disease center on hand during the surgery to make sure that she is given the correct antibiotics which is another reason I think the first surgery was messed up. I am not sure who I will be contacting after this is over but since I doubt they are going to admit to a mistake, I am going to look into legal representation or something to find out what actually happened.

whiterabbit likes this.
  5. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Good luck Lestat. Regardless of the what happened I hope she comes back healthy in the end.

6. WhatNowAnotherNerf

WhatNowAnotherNerf Adventurer

Best wishes... for a speedy recovery!

whiterabbit and DreadLord Lestat like this.
  7. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

If they are checking for pneumonia (which you don't need to be coughing to have) and other things, they are suspecting MRSA,which is no joke. If they left something inside (sponge, gauze, stray staples) just so you know, it is pretty common and does cause an "abcess" which would be the commonly used term for MRSA. Both of my sisters, and my mother, work in medical transcription.

I would find you a lawyer. The hospital staff won't tell you what happened, they almost never do. But a lawyer coming around will get them talking.
    Make sure your insurance knows about this, as they will also seek to know about the circumstances and cause for liability. If it is a case of MRSA due to sloppy practices in the original surgery, the liability will be on the hospital and you should not have to pay any co-pay.

DreadLord Lestat and whiterabbit like this.
  8. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I just went through the same thing in November when my appendix ruptured. 10 days after the surgery (performed by the staff surgeon) I got an abscess. Mine was a common staph infection. The treatment is to open it up, clean it, and leave it open to heal from the inside out. When I asked why this happened the surgeon actually got mad. If they make a mistake they will never tell you unless they left a sponge or some remnant from the original operation.

Godspeed for your wife's recovery!

DreadLord Lestat and whiterabbit like this.
  9. NANOC

NANOC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

10. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Scabby, I haven't been on the forums for a while but Ozog has been giving me updates. Your family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  11. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

She will hopefully be coming home today. They left the incision open so another abscess does not form and are packing it with gauze and then bandaging it to keep it protected. It is supposed to start healing from the inside keeping another abscess from forming then closing up on its own on the outside. They will be arranging for a home healthcare nurse to come to the house everyday to change out the gauze and clean it up. They cannot give me an approximate time frame for it to close up, said that it depends on if it gets infected or not.

12. whiterabbit

Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

just like feenix ,when herz had herz

13. whiterabbit

yay fer coming home

old gypsy and Speranza like this.
  14. TehanChesapeake

Thanks for the update !!

I wish her a fast recovery !

Speranza and old gypsy like this.
  15. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Sounds like they've taken good care of her. Hopefully it will be all uphill from here on! :thumbsup:

16. whiterabbit

HERZ HOME
    SORE , TIRED ETC

Riyana likes this.
  17. TehanChesapeake

But at least she's home and getting better !

DreadLord Lestat and Riyana like this.