1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Scam buyer - Paypal name

Discussion in 'UO Trader's Hall' started by Ken of Napa, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

May 19, 2008
    no mistake, He's a scammer. Make sure you put in a claim with pay-pal.
  2. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

How long has it been since your payment? I'm guessing you didnt know this char in game? Really sucks man...
  3. zolo8

zolo8 Guest

My post has been removed as UO Stratics staff dont suppport people advising fellow gamers about Scammers.

Oh well - PM me if you need info on this chap.

UO STRATICS - Home of the gold scammer!!!!!!
  4. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

May 19, 2008
    Yeah people warned about him on the old boards, those posts were removed too:( You're not allowed to tell anyone when you're scammed by someone:(

I understand the reasoning, just wish there was some way people could be warned, so theydidn't have to go through this crap.
  5. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Feb 26, 2004
    Believe me, I understand anyone's plight that has been scammed for I have been taken advantage of in the past as well.

The reason we cannot allow named accusations is because with all the technology in this day and age, things that people post on our Forums like Chat Logs, Screen Shots, Videos, and their accounts of what happened can all be easily faked (I know, I am a Graphic Editor).

There is no way for us to feasibly prove or disprove anyone's claim of such foul play on another. If we were to allow unproven (By the Real World's Courts of Law) accusations on our forums, we would not only be allowing slander to be done (not saying anyone here is slandering, just proving a point), as well, we would be opening the forums to be filled with so much Strife and Tyranny that it would be disgusting. The forums would be rifle with true and false accusations, the false ones would be rampant as it is apparent that more people like to "bring others down" instead of speaking the truth. Sad, but true these days. :(

So, instead, users may make "Scammer" warnings, they just may not go into too much detail so it cannot be easily repeated by someone reading the warning. As well, names must be omitted from such warnings, as naming any users or players would be an accusation. Instead, offer to "give more details" to those who Private Message or E-Mail you (or some other form of communication besides posts in the forum).

Hope that makes sense! If not, drop us a line at [email protected] and one of us will try to explain better.

My apologies and my thanks for all your understanding and cooperation.

*Orvago bows*

6. and in the mean time said scammer continues to fleece folks
  7. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

There needs to be a rating system as in Ebay. You (I) can generally tell in the first 30 seconds if I wish to do business with them. Just food for thought for the Stratics Gods.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!