1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Scam in progress prodeed with caution

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by Lord Nabin, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

There are currently books all over Luna stating that they are selling gold and have stock on all shards.

Please be aware this individual is on my personal do not do buisness list as they are and have recently tried to scam me personally thru Paypal.

I would not do buisness with this person in relation to anything. You would be seriously at risk as the buyer.

If you were the seller as was my case you have protection. However as a buyer your done.

2. Barbosa

Barbosa Guest

Hrm... don't buy gold or anything through the use of paypal.. ever... I mean evvvvvveeerrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

3. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Wrong,
    I sold an EM set to a well known rares collecter a few years back and it was a very smooth trade.
    But those books scattered on floors are like the gold sellers in WoW, scamming / hacking scum bags.

4. Actually as a buyer, you have all the protection, unless Paypal has changed their rules on virtual goods? It was my understanding and personal experience, that if you buy virtual goods via Paypal, and the seller doesn't deliver, you can dispute the transaction, and receive your money back fairly quickly, even if the seller didn't respond back to your filled claim.

If you're selling virtual items to someone however, it has been my experience that the buyer can dispute the transaction, and you either refund their cash, and lose whatever virtual currency items/cash you were selling, or your Paypal account will have a negative balance until it is paid in full.

I recently went on a rune dropping campaign to sell gold, and it was highly successful. Not everyone trying to sell gold is out to scam, and as I stated, you really aren't in any position to scam anyone as a seller anyways.

5. Malador

Malador Guest

If you cannot ship it it is not covered by the paypal seller protection policy at all and you have to sell it on EBAY to be covered by the buyer protection policy.

6. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

What ever happened to my auction items that went missing? no replacement of them and no payment form when you ran the auction house