1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Scavenger Hunt

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Ransom_of_BiC, Jun 11, 2010.

1. I want to have a scavenger hunt!

I was a part of one of these years and years ago, and had such a freaking good time.

A couple of my Officers and I were talking about this the other day, but were stumped as to how to make it so that many could participate without having to have a bunch of money (Rich folks collect rares and could just go through their houses to find items). I thought about having a bunch of random items and hiding them around and then placing "refs" around hte area who could hide, to make sure that the ACTUAL item was picked up, but I'm still tossing around ideas. Plus giving gold for rewards is sometimes lame.

Anyway- might be fun if we planned it right.
  2. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Ransom, I did a scavenger hunt a few years ago when I was in RBG. I made riddles that people had to figure out in order to bring me the proper items, some of which required a crafter to make them. I also had locations (also in riddle) that people had to travel to, take a screenshot and send to me via email. Oh and I also threw in a BOD they needed to complete as well. We had three or four teams of 4-5 people each and they were given an hour to complete 20 or 30 items.

If I were to do it again, it might be cool to include some tasks specific to certain classes, say things that would need to be GM marked so you know they weren't purchased, or a riddle about an animal that a tamer would have to go tame.

On the other hand, you could always talk to the EMs to see if they'd be interested in helping you out with something like this. Make riddles and clues that lead people to certain locations and have the EM set up a box or something that can be double clicked to give the next clue or item to collect.
  3. Great idea.

Cute sig, btw.
  4. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Thanks. Made it myself in a few hours with some stock images from deviantart.com and alot of tweaking in Photoshop.
  5. I am not good when it comes to photoshop, unless I'm editing photographs. However, I love trying. Also, we should talk about the scavenger hunt some more before we get locked for going off topic and into a private convo between two people.

A/S/L? *snicker* Just kidding.
  6. ooo ooo ooo pick me me me

I wanna help.

The riddle idea would be fun.. almost like an Amazing Race type event thingy.

Something like:

An Avatar born into the old lands,
    This will help you light your way, it's said
    Find the item that you seek
    In a place where Justice is dead.

Any guesses? Huh? Not bad for off the top my head.

Well, I bet I can do better. Beer helps, too.

7. A newby candle?

A crockpot?
  8. Yeah, but WHERE you gonna find it?
  9. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

The riddles were alot of fun to make. It helped me to read UO Guide and the wiki for all the old Ultima games.
  10. Zelda of Zed

Zelda of Zed Guest