1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

School of War

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by nightstalker22, Jan 13, 2009.

1. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I would be interested in offering my nearly 10,000 silver stack plus whatever else might be required to cover the cost of tuition in the School of War... PVP Training School ( with basic self defense classes down the hall ).

I expect manuals in book form, I expect PVP time with a good PVP'er, and then time with a great PVP'er. I expect books on tactics, templates, resources, and a price guide on how much those resources should cost on average.

I expect the Head Master of the School of War to be a true role player, and willing to work with me on some future episodes.

I expect to become a better killer in the end.

NEW guild prepares people when they come on the shard, but it doesnt prepare them for war.

Now... if only such a school existed!!!

Holds Breath!

2. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

will you be a fencer still sir?
    I have some kryss's with ok mods you can practice with :D

3. Black magick

Black magick Guest

This an idea for a guild? or...?

4. Queen Amy

Queen Amy Guest

I don't pretend to be a good pvper... but the only way I ever got any better was to just go out in the field or into the duel pit and ... pvp. A lot.

Well, ok, it did help when friends told me which spells they had on macro and which combos worked, stuff like that.

5. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Guild affiliations don't matter. I don't care what guild starts the school, if it is even a guild at all.

If anyone who is great at PVP was interested in starting a PVP school, i'm just saying that I am interested in paying tuition to join it and learn a few things.

It builds community, teaches me the finer aspects of PVP, and makes for good entertainment VIA more episodes.

If you're asking that it is a new guild formed, that is fine too, so long as the students aren't required to join it to attend.

My loyalties are to THIEF [^_^] Guild, it is where I belong, and I will not leave it.

6. Black magick

Black magick Guest

If its pvp help you want i'll help ya out man. pm me templates and all.

7. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

You really shouldnt practice with deadly weapons, it's over too quick and you dont have time to learn, just spend time ressing.

I appreciate the offer though.

Which reminds me! We need to be able to make poor quality weapons like it was back in the old days, for practice weapons.

I think Arms Lore should determine your chances of exceptionally made, not as it currently is. If you dont have arms lore, you dont make exceptional weapons and armor, period.

Then we could make a bunch of poor quality practice weapons, and those who dont want to invest in arms lore wont do much with their skill.

8. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I am not a very good crafter but I think I need arms lore on when I tailor leather armor if it is going to come out exceptional. Otherwise it is total crap, but anyways what about a 120 fencing you need that don't you?

9. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Yes, eventually I will need a 120 fencing, but that is a long way off because of ROT.
    My fencing is only mid 70's right now, I may already be capped at 115, but more likely 110.

I could do the 120 fencing route, or 120 mage route with mage weapon.

I also need a +25 stat scroll, as I am still capped at 230 on Siege, my intelligence suffers.

Getting that Rune Beetle Carapace the other day really helps with it though, with the intelligence boost and lower mana cost, wearing it allows me to cast 8th circle spells, otherwise I couldnt.

What is the going price for a +25 stat scroll and a bless deed for a ninja belt?

10. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Well let me know what you decide I have a 120 fencing available to you at no cost. I have seen cbds go from 350-500k, I am not aware of the stat scroll price...probably a lottt of shinies as mo would say maybe..a million shinies with some luck?

11. Black magick

Black magick Guest

think +25 stats are 1.5-2.5 mill

12. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Ouch! It would be cheaper for us to equip ourselves and kill the Harrower.

I can afford the bless deed, I've scraped enough off of the floor of despise for that...if they werent blessed bless deeds, I'd swipe one! :D

Though, I should save my money for my event house construction when I ever finish moving out of my house on Atlantic... I took down 6 vendors and littered the streets of New Haven with what they held, and I took my three ships into port and scattered their hulls worth, and now I'm down to about 1200 items to sift through. plus 7 x 150 in bank boxes.

13. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Just check the star room often. Thats what i did. Came on tnt doing a harrower, a while later they killed it i got a +15 stat.... and died :D was alot of fun though, also got like 200k taking the gold.... gave up after that.

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

for practice weapons make cleavers with JoaT tinker and daggers, mace or maul with JoaT smithing.

15. archite666

archite666 Guest

*steps out of phone booth with hands on hips, cape billowing in the breeze*

Il do it!

16. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Awesome! I look forward to enrolling in your school.

This should be good for at least 5 episodes.... well worth the tuition cost and effort on your part.

It would be great to have others enroll in the courses too, if they aren't too proud! ;)

You could make a killing running the school, then delegate the duties to subordinates after its up and running smoothly, while you sit back and take a little off the top as residual income! :D

People will speak of your school as naturally as people speak of NEW guild, you could even offer a discount to graduates of NEW, to keep the students coming.

You can make more money selling the required course study books on your vendor...

Who will join me in the classes? ( I'll need people to train with )

17. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You are looking for one person to take on the role of Head Master of this
    School of War you wish to be formed. The present conditions of Siege Perilous
    is that each guild and that guildmaster/mistress believes that their methods are
    the best.
    For your Head Master to succeed in his role would need to have a complete
    taxonomy of the methods of guild or group play. Or, the Head Master would
    have to have clear report from others who supports one type of combat vs
    other types. This sharing of information would open the doors to this School.
    But, what is their motivation to share with others? You probably think they may
    share to increase the supply of soldiers on the field. Some will, some will not.

If these methods are written down...then they can be tested in isolation of
    outside intrusions, in a private class arena. The scientific method must be
    applied to achieve proper application of tactics. If something works well,
    why not just make public the method to outsiders of the School? Or, sell
    this information to new students?

Someone must offer a well designed arena.

Some classes must of course must be done in the fieldtrips well scheduled by
    the teacher. A group of volunteers must be mustered to serve as opponents
    for the students. The Head Master must have gone everwhere, and must be willing
    to maintain discipline students when necessary.

Standard tests must be devised, a right of passage to go to the next class.

As for who? Well, I do not know. Keep holding your breath...

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

18. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

You seem well versed in the politics of the matter, maybe you should be the one working with Cash to bridge the communication gaps and be the Prime Minister of the School.

A good diplomat realizes what the needs are, you've already demonstrated that you're keen on the subject matter, and it would be a natural fit for YOU... I need the best training possible, so I won't settle for any less.... not now! ;)

19. Black magick

Black magick Guest

If this is really being put together I think i'll help.

20. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

This is a great idea if it could grow legs. I'd go!

Cash: thanks for the laugh, that cracked me up :)

21. archite666

archite666 Guest

Hmm, I think yahax is talking about someone who has been in most of the guilds on the shard, and been in every vent of the prominent pvp guilds....

Hmmm...

Yeah thats me.

22. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

The only thing that Yahaxithonix would be interested in this project: The School of War,
    would be the writing, mass production, and distribution of the Manuals.

Such Manuals would have to illustrate in-game stituations with storylines made
    to show new players what to do.

I would consider being the School's Book Publisher.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

23. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

A good diplomat realizes what the needs are, you've already demonstrated that you're keen on the subject matter, and it would be a natural fit for YOU... I need the best training possible, so I won't settle for any less.... not now!

Hmm...
    Most of the Faction Reds tend to just kill me on sight, and they do not talk to me at all.
    A Diplomat has to be able to talk to parties involved. As a ghost... I am usually psst off
    by then. So, I not be your diplomat.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

24. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

So you will be teaching "Trash Talking 101"? :)

25. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

I am trying to leave that indifference behind me on the road to the past.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

26. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Sounds great... get with Cash on the details. There should only be one vendor on the shard that sells these books, anyone else selling copies will be charged with copyright infringement, will be taken to Yew Courthouse, and charged a steep fine ( and possibly serve jail time).

These books should be expensive ( around 10k each retail price ), and they should contain good information.

It would be tempting for a copyright thief to copy them and sell them for 4 or 5k, so obviously they would be killed on sight for doing so. ( their vendor house names the culprit on their house sign ).

27. archite666

archite666 Guest

I have recently come into some money and I believe this to be my calling here on siege.

I want everyone to know that we are indeed going though with this "school of war"

28. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Excellent! I can't wait! I've tried not too push the issue too much... it seemed like interest waned, but apparently not!

Barter Town has recently opened 'The Barter Town Dojo and Thief School', under the direction of Chad Sexington himself. It is a training area for us thieves, it is public access for all to enjoy ( just sign your name on the registry at the front door ).

There is a PVP mat, training dummies, and pickpocket dips in the Dojo, and our public guild house upstairs.

The dojo is located on the far North side of Barter Town, where my slave sweat shop used to be! :scholar:

I look forward to attending your 'School of War', whatever you end up calling it...my PVP skill is non existant!

29. archite666

archite666 Guest

Awesome, ima shoot to have it up and running in two weeks.

We need some people for participation.

30. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

honestly... us mages have been holding duel sessions weekly. I think we're trying to start a league.

Its the best way to figure out playing a mage.

Get at me if you're interested.

31. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

This would be good. A school with GM weps only and armor, so that duels last some time, and arent the most difficult at the start, slowly get better. Then as you get better allow things against you like DP etc. And then gain in the field aswell