1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

SCORE!!!!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Silent Singer, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

In my best Professor Farnsworth voice, "Good news everyone!"

Aran (sp?) tipped me off to a mare near umbra, and when I got there it was my favorite shade, that velvety deep black.

I've tamed a lot of mares on prodo but always with peacemaking. I didn't want to miss my chance on this one with good stats and color though, so i slipped up to her all ninja like, and spammed my tame macro.

Girl had a little fire in her....literally. As I'm trying to stop, drop, and roll the locals take note and come to play. Whole time I'm trying to convince mare of how I'll protect her (as if me flailing as a human fireball is making a convincing argument for that).

Either my dashing good looks or witty banter convinced her though just as my screen went grey.

Sure enough, coming back from healer I found her waiting patiently for me, all blue.

Later, checking on my now neglected Atl clan, I stopped by the stable with my first character created 5 years ago after returning from 2000.

Claim list revealed something named Rabbit in my stalls. Why would this old wizard have a rabbit? Maybe I had started working birthday parties with him years ago, I dunno. I had the stable master bring it out and lo and behold there stood a bonded Vollem.

Sweet ass sweet!

A pretty good score for a short afternoon in UO.

My siege stable now has a nice mare and cu. Going to build honor up before getting t that rune beetle.

Christina Kardos likes this.
  2. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

CONGRATS MAN!!!!

3. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

It´s Ahran, not Aran.
    Two different players. ;)

Ahran is our Siege Advisor. If you see him on and you have any questions or problems, let him know and he might be able to help you out.

And congrats on the tame.
    As for the rune beetle, a true tamer relies on her skills, not honor or peace. :)
    Go get them!

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

5. Silent Singer

Ahran, thanks again. I've tamed 2 greater dragons without peace or honor, and I'm DONE with that approach :)

On atl I have a running quest to get the best Dragon in uo. This means I'm in fel destard A LOT loring gds. If I see a good one, I need to be able to grab it and get out before HI 5 or some other ***** come through and kill me and the Dragon. Honor allows me to do this.

For something like a cu, I just do lead taming. . Timing is tricky, but once you fall in the rhythm, you can stay a step ahead without them chewing you up. I tamed over 60 cu in the last month on Legends using this approach.

Since fc / fcr is much more difficult to maintain on siege, I'll be honoring those beetles. Lead taming is a real pain when a pissed off yamandon is after you :)

6. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

7. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

Grats even if I was a bit wounded with the HI5 comment. I don't play with them on Atl but I am allied with them on LS.

8. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats! Thanks for the story too... much more entertaining than "I tamed a mare!"

It has been awhile since I tamed the meaner creatures on Prod/Siege, but I usually just equip a bow with no arrows to avoid ticking them off with any minor attempt at damage, run up and invis, and then start spamming the taming hot key after they forget I was there. Granted you still may take some damage... but it gave me a head start. :)

9. Silent Singer

Candy, didn't mean to wound you. A few nights ago 2 HI5 raised me while I was soloing fel destard champ spawn. My char was an unaligned blue, and I was only halfway through spawn. Soon as they appeared I fled, gargoyle speed, out of the dungeon and north to skara with both hot on my tail. They caught me just outside farms, killed me, looted my bandages, then attacked the healer next to me. If this had happened near the end of spawn or after, I would assume it was for loot. But in this case it was just to kill a blue. That's why I can't take time to tame in destard. I see them come through frequently while I'm stealthed, and many of my tamer friends avoid the area altogether. Maybe they are different on LS, but not well regarded on atl by many.

I just walked to a healer and started a new spawn elsewhere. When you solo champs on atl you lose more often than you win, and compared to Siege it isn't a big deal. Cost me bandages and insurance money and nothing else, I had just banked my scrolls and artifact drops.

10. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

If I recall, that group is filled with a bunch of old Siege PvPers that moved there after they had their feelings hurt about losing their faction gear...la

#10 TheScoundrelRico, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  11. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

I'm only kidding I know what they are, I only hope you won't judge me by some of the people I know.

12. Silent Singer

Well now you know me, so judging by that, you must be awesome. I only speak to awesome people so as not to dilute my own awesomeness :)