1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Scribe Mage Q's

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Moonglum, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Moonglum

Moonglum Visitor

Looking at going:

120 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Med
    120 Scribe
    120 Resist

last points are where Im lost.

120 Wrestling?
    or
    100 Anatomy + 20 skill (anything worthwhile?)?

2. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

Scribe can't go higher than 100.
    Defensive Wrestling doesn't need to be higher than 220 (meaning you only need 120 Eval + 100 Anatomy)

Don't have time to say more at the minute.

3. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This is a template aimed for PvP i assume?

Yes you will need a weapon skill to not get hit all the time. Since the char probably is(or should be) human, you cant really make use of those 20 skill points(as long as you dont got skill increase jewels) since joat allready gives you 20 in all skills so go with wrestle.

The other 2 options would be. Drop wrestle completley and pick up a mage weapon for defense, leaves you with abother skill to add to the template.
    Or lower med some pick up anatomy instead of wrestle and put those 40+skills in abother skill.

4. Moonglum

Moonglum Visitor

Never done a scribe, didn't realize you couldn't scroll it to 120 lol.

5. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

well its quite decent since you can go 100 anatomy and 100 scribe wich leaves you with 40 free points to play around with :)

6. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would go without wrestling as someone stated, due to the benefits to eval + anatomy as someone discussed. Inscription does also give a nice spell damage increase of 10%.

7. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

120mage
    120eval
    120resist
    120wrestle/weapon skill
    100scribe
    40 med
    100 X (parry/nox/alch/tactics)

You can adjust med based on the last skill chosen.. example 80 nox and 60 med.. (not that 100 nox is not good)

I don't see the point in running 120 med especially if you are pvping. In that rare instance you will be throwing fields non stop you may feel it a little bit and/or if you dump FS's non stop.

If you pick up parry DO NOT use hephaestus shield, use a reactive paralyze shield. (don't forget you need high dex for parry)
    The heph shield is only good on certain pure temps that have 20-30 points left over, then you run parry for a small block % and heph shield to boost it slightly.

last i heard anat + eval for defensive wrestle is broken. Not sure if it's working again, I haven't tried it in years.