1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Scroll Books

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flutter, May 23, 2009.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Help! HELP!

I need a scroll (pink and white) book organizer! Please!!!
    I thank thee.

:thumbsup:

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Pink, white, blue.....

3. Add one more and Signed.. Check Boooks..

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

haha check books!

HELP!

5. Ive never thought about having a book to put scrolls in.

This is probably one of the best ideas Ive seen in a while. :thumbsup:

Just dont get cought carrying it with ya...Id assume the book would be cursed.

6. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have thought about this many times. I think it is a phenomenal idea which I would really like to see implemented.

White book = Power scroll book
    Pink book = SoT Book
    Gold Book = Check Book

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to do considering they already have the coding for BoD's.

Let's make it happen!!

7. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

Books for Repair Deeds, Books for Filled Commodity Deeds, Books for Stone Table Deeds...this could get out of hand.

8. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Add this ability to make them to the scribe skill, requiring a ton of resources to make the book, maybe make it some sort of gold sink.

9. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Tome of Transcendence: combines all pink scrolls added to it into one big scroll?

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think there's a need for stuff like this, it would just encourage player hoarding. I mean, toss or sell what you don't need and keep the rest. I dump power scrolls at new haven when I get them from idocs and can't use or sell them.

I do have a collection of 8 pink scrolls now, (I buy .1's when they're cheap because I'm slowly building a collection of them all) but I think 95% of players won't ever use some of the more useless pink scrolls - so trash em if you can't use em! If you know you won't use something and won't be able to sell it, don't hold onto it.

11. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I like this idea as well. Though I could see that being an issue if I wanted to sell say .4 of a skill to someone. Would the book allow me to pick how much of a skill to take out of it? Hmmm

12. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

And a green one for seeds!

13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Nah I am gonna horde them anyways. Just wanted an easier way to find what I need when someone asks if I have one ;)

14. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Same as me.. Im a horde'r by nature, I keep EVERYTHING (even my original stack of diamonds iv looted over the 7 or so years that keeps growing!!!)

15. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

NO, enough already!!! If you've got too much gold, give it away. Some of us are sick to death of this "yeah, but make it really hard to get, or make resources spawn on Champs yada yada"..*vomits*

16. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Qft!

I am sick of peerless hunting for my craftsman= lame, imo.

Anyway, the books sound good as would the old idea of display cases and jewelry boxes to save lock downs.

17. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You dirty hoar(der)! :D

Ok I admit it, I'm a hoarder too. I try to stick to stackables and items I really will use/need/be able to sell, though. And I still have too much stuff...I have a hard time tossing things that won't come around again, like old xmas plants and anniversary bag stuff. One of these days I'll just go nuts and throw everything out on my front yard for the NPC brigands and shepherds to grab. Maybe then they'll stop enticing my beetle away, down a flight of stairs and all the way down a corridor, when I've only just hopped off for 5 seconds to throw some kegs in a bag. :p

18. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

lmk when you do that Sars I will be out there with those brigands rummaging....

19. Flip flopper!
    Dont hoarde. Im against it.
    Wait.
    I hoarde. I love it.

One (wo)mans trash is another (wo)mans treasure ;)

20. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't really think I'm a flip flopper. I like stuff but I don't think scroll books are a necessity. Partly because anything that can be grouped as a single item or have a reduced item count (like bods in a bod book) can be duped in greater numbers in the future (or now for all I know). I'm in favor of seed books and other cheap item storage methods because seeds will never be so valuable that they would be susceptible to duping.

21. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

What could be a good idea would be to give scribes the ability to combine different SoTs into a bigger one up to a max of (e.g.) +5?

22. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If ever scroll books are designed, I think then Treasure Maps books, seeds containers as well as other "organizers" need be done first.

They have been asked for, for years now by treasure hunters, gardeners and others.......

23. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

A t map book would be awesome, especially combined with a tattered wall map to make some kind of treasure site display map, so you could sort all the maps that are in a certain area in order to dig more efficiently (this would actually be a lot more useful for fishers for SOS').

24. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

But there already are such books!

Namely called spell book, necro book and spell weaving book respectively :D

But it'd be nice to have 64 + 17 + 16 different stacks of scrolls all fit into 1 book and be reduced to 1 item...

hmmmm 1 more idea. besides a scroll book mentioned above, can you maybe add a mega spellbook that containers all spells so that I only need to carry 1 item? No special properties.

I currently carry magery (scrapper), necro (grimore), chiv, bush, ninjitsu and spellweaving books. Plus 6 slayer books. It gets pretty messy...

1 more UI request! Because switch weapon macro doesn't put the spell books back at the locations I grabbed them from, the spell books go all over the place...Can this be changed so that it goes back to the same spot in my backpack when I change them?

Only if you have time of course.

25. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I used to be a flip flopper.

No..wait...I wasn't.

I was.

I wasn't.

I.....

:danceb:

26. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah