1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Scroll of Alacrity

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Banner, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Banner

Banner Guest

Just wandering when is the best time to use these scrolls? In the middle of your training or at the end?? I am working on Alchemy and I have a couple of these scrolls and didnt want to use them until the right time?? Any help? :confused:

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think that depends on the skill. If you have a skill that gains well even at high skill then at the end it will help alot. But if you train a skill that raises slow in the end then its a waste of time you use it then.

There is a 3rd way to use it at the end but then only use the time when logging in andg et GGS and log out again with that character. It will save up the time. The scrolls only use up time that you are logged in.

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It also depends on your playing style.
    I started to rain alchemy to supply myself with potions for plant growing. Once i reached the ability to mix every needed potions, i stopped beeing in a hurry. (With using a decent talisman I had a high enough chance at mid level. I am still not gm. :D )
    If you train for reaching gm as fas as possible, i would use it more likely at the end of your trainings. (The harder a potion gets to make, the more resourced it consumes. The first time, I would use such a scroll would then be, when I switch for the more expensive potions.)

4. Banner

Banner Guest

Thanks for the feed back, I do want to GM this skill but will take my time with it. And I will use one by doing the GGS and the last one at the very end af the skill gaining.. Once again thnk you all for the feed back.

5. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's what I am currently doing with animal taming. Skill is at 113.7 and normal gains are almost non-existant. Now with a SoA and GGS, I always get 0.2-0.5 per tame.
    Unfortunately I also have to wait 2 days and 3 hours for my next guaranteed gain. The major drawback is, that I haven't been able to play my tamer for 11 days now, since otherwise the SoA-buff would expire.

Talking of expiring, i got a question too: Is there any way, I can determine, how much time there's left for my buff? The buff-icon seems broken and even it would work, there wouldn't be a duration displayed...