1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Scrolls of Alacrity

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flutter, May 17, 2010.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

More please.

2. I have 65 of them in storage... can't seem to sell them and I don't really need them. Why more?

3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'll take them. Any shard. Meet me in Luna.

4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I'm sure if you lowered your prices, they would.
    As a finite commodity, their perceived value is going to be higher than their practical value (especially next to transcendence scrolls).

If they started spawning somehow, there'd be more available. Prices would lower, and the demand would increase.

5. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

Is spring cleaning coming back this year?

6. maroite

maroite Guest

I have used a couple and honestly I don't find them worth the price. At lower levels, you gain so fast that they're really not needed for most skills. Maybe crafting skills would be useful.

At higher levels you gain so few skill ups in 15 minutes that it just seems a waste for the current prices (on my server) which can be multiple millions for one scroll.

Maybe if they increased your chance to gain, and had a chance to boost the amount of gain they would be worth more but as they are, they only give you a chance to gain more than .1 per skill up. Under the effects of an alacrity scroll, you can still gain .1 if you have poor luck.

7. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

Login, get alacrity ggs for the day, logout. Repeat however
    many hours at your next ggs.

8. maroite

maroite Guest

Wait... Alacrity time doesn't tick while logged off? I guess that makes them a bit better, but still meh. Especially if you want the skill sooner than later. :p

9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Think animal taming.
    The number of people I know who GGS that up to 120 from GM or whatnot.
    If you can run that entire time with an alacrity scroll, you're reducing that time from like 200 days to between 40 and 100 days.
    In a case like that, it is sooner than later ;)

10. I just counted and I have 40 different skills in SOA's, including Magery, Taming and Begging (YES... Begging!).

I'm on LS and I originally had them priced for 65K and not a one sold, but I haven't tried selling in almost 2 years. I see taming on other shards priced 4Mil to 7Mil. At that rate, these are worth over 100 Mil! Heh... any offers?

11. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I bought a Taming one for 50k a couple months back. Still have it. Pretty sure there may be another one for that price that nobody has bought.