1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

SDI.... Mysticism

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ~Antzy~Pantz~, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Anyone know for sure??
    Does Spell damage increase work with mysticism as it does with magery?!

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just tried to cast netherbolt,bombard on myself with 0 sdi and with 30 sdi and damage was the same ! its late so i will test some more tomorrow but appears that it has no effect

ok it was late last night i just tried again and relised i had other sdi gear on tried again with 0 and 30 against all 70s suit and got 1-3 pts more with 30 sdi

3. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

hhrrrrmmmm. Its stilll early but that is interesting/disconcerting. I wonder about slayer books or if all the mods will not touch damage output?

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Less something changed mysticism is supposed to be exactly like magery, slayers et al. I know slayers work.

5. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

that would make sense, so, chances are, the answer is no.

6. Jesusislord

Jesusislord Guest

The answer is yes. Spell damage works for mysticism as it does with magery.

Keep in mind nether bolt does chaos damage, so you need to all 70 resists to be reliable. If one is an elf, and has 75 energy, that would skew the results.

Anyways, I started with my Kasa and Pendant of the Magi on. Threw a boulder at myself for 21 damage twice in a row. I then took the kasa and pendant off, used reactive armor to get back to 70 physical, and threw a boulder at myself for 18 damage two times in a row.

7. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

I could have sworn that Chaos Damage was a random damage type each strike (ie: constantly in flux) and had nothing to do with your own resists.

8. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

You are correct. The poster meant that if you had one resist at 50 while others at 70, you would not be able to make good readings.

9. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

does 10% inscription bonus work with mysticism?

10. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yep

11. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yep, yep, should be on the Mysticism page.

Hm, not on there, must have assumed it was a given. (since SDI works with every casting skill)

12. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

That's the same as casting magic arrow on yourself.
    And SDI is capped at 15% for PvP (includes self-killing)

and there's already some spell documentation in a random mysticism thread in the spellcasters forum.

13. Smokin

Smokin Guest

What about casting speeds? is it capped 2/6 or is it like necro or weaving?

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Should be the same as magery.

15. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin

add inscription, Hailstorm is way way way overpowered and needs tweaked

16. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

necro is 2/6

spellweaving is I believe 4/6 unless they changed it

17. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Necro is 3/6.

18. Splup

Splup Guest

Dunno... Hail storm isn't more overpowered then wither. Hail storm is slow to cast and does same damage as Flame Strike (with area effect ofc), wither can't be targeted but is damn fast to cast considering the damage and area effect.

I think both are fine, hail storm isn't that good if you just keep a little distance from each other, and it's easily interruptable cause it's so slow. If your group doesn't stand right next to each other hail storm isn't much better then casting FS.

Also if hail storm was nerfed, there would be a need for new spells in mysticism to give it offensive spells worth casting.

Wither is damn effective in narrow places, you can pretty much prevent other teams mages from casting anything. But then again, if you know your enemy has necros, try not to get trapped to small areas with them... If you do, get away damn fast or ur toast.

19. Splup

Splup Guest

I'v heard that same but tbh, I atleast can't notice difference with FC 2 and FC 3, even with 0 magery.

20. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=89

... and I can verify this since i've tested it too.

21. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Is not, and it's nice that we have a competent ranged area-effect spellcaster.

Spell plague is more powerful (if not as repeatable). And Hailstorm only has a 3 tile radius.

22. Smokin

Smokin Guest

That must be new on the necro thing because it use to say capped at 3, or atleast a Dev did at some point. If it is now oh well. I use to notice a difference I guess I will test it again.