1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Necromancy] SDI & Necromancy Spells

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Obsidian, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

All, this is probably another simple question. I'm trying to maximize the damage output by my Necro-Mage.

Can you all confirm that necro damage (i.e. from wither) is impacted by SDI items? It is not impacted by slayer qualities on spellbooks?

I think that is correct as the spellbook slayer property in effect enhances eval int (which only affects magery spells). So it is to my advantage while using wither to carry a scrappers or one of the new invasion spellbooks with high SDI? Do you all agree?

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

2. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Correct a slayer on the spellbook doesnt affect the Necro spell damage.

The SDI is a harder one, according to Stratics SDI doesnt affect necro spells but I have found that when I equip a Tome SDI25 I do seem to get a few more points of damage so I have always felt that SDI does affect Necro spells but im certain your going to get a few posts that contradict me on this.

3. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

I'm pretty sure SDI affects necro spell damage. Stratics information is horribly outdated.

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

SDI definitely affects necromancy spell damage, while slayer properties definitely do not.

The extra 25% damage from my scrappers makes a huge difference in spawning, from 2 hit killing lizardmen to one hit killing them. (overall, including the book, I use 63% SDI)

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What are you all using to add SDI to your suit? I only have 41 SDI. 25 from scrappers, 8 from ring, and 8 from bracelet. I had on 5 more with a pendant of the magi, but it was killing my armor resists with out the gorget.

What else is a good add? Thx!

-OBSIDIAN-

6. GFY

GFY Guest

Spirit speak effects the damage output of necro spells the same way eval does magery spells. As your SS gets closer to 120 your di will go up.

7. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Kasa of the Raj-in +12
    Pendant of the Magi +5
    Midnight Bracers +10
    Scrappers +25
    Crystalline Ring +20
    Spellwoven Britches +10
    Bracelet from Loot +12 (max on loot jewerly)

This will get you to 94 SDI

If you throw on the Greymist tunic and gloves they each have +2 to bring your total to 98 SDI.

If you find one of the invasion spellbooks with 30 SDI then you have 99 SDI before any of the Greymist armour.

Your resists will suck, and probably won't have 100% LRC but you will get huge numbers from spells. Combine that with a level 6 focus on spellweaving.