1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Ships] Sea Pilot

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by TheDrAJ, Mar 20, 2011.

1. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

SeaPilot

This is a simple boat tool for I wrote for either the Classic or enhanced client.

A picture is show below and the file is zipped. If you can run UOCartographer
    you should have no problems running SeaPilot,

The program only sends text to the client so the UO people should not be concerned.

Please report back any problems.

The enhanced client version is posted in the enhanced client forum.

The link below is for the standard client version only.

Download it here ---> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21830660/SeaPilot For CC.zip

Attached Files:

2. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think it is definately a useful app. for CC and I really liked its "Always on Top" feature. Its main icon looks pretty good, maybe you can also make good graphics for the buttons instead of using Wingdings symbols (maybe the EC graphics for boat directions).

I only have one thing to ask: I had to run the program as administrator to make it work for CC, which is a little problematic since I dont have the source code and thus I cant be sure if the program is safe to use. Since UO Pro applications are no longer accepted (UO Pro page says they havent checked the UO Pro programs' source codes anyways), how can we be sure that it is safe to use?

3. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'll vouch for TheDrAJ's as being a man of integrity and having the best interesst of UO players and the game of UO as whole in mind.

I've known him for some time now.

I use his Crystal Porter. I would use the Sea Pilot but the EC Client has a few of these features available within the hotbars with the exception of slow forward and one forward. Those are pretty nice additions.

TheDrAJ's Crystal Porter is a nice tool as well for anyone who hasn't had a chance to check it out.

I'm interested to see what TheDrAJ comes up with next.:thumbup:

4. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

You must be using windows 7 or vista, since I use XP I never encounter that.

But any software you download you should always scan for viruses and malware (i check anything I download with malwarebytes and my virus checker). The only assurance i can really give you is thatthe program is copyright and has my real name on the About section.

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

6. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

I think UO Rudder is a great program and I used it a lot over the years. I made my program SeaPilot for the people who run the enhanced client since uorudder does not run on that client. I just thought I would share a version that works with the classic client.

Other Benefits of SeaPilot

1) SeaPilot is stand alone and does not require a setup.
    2) SeaPilot only has 1 file and does not require its own folder
    3) SeaPilot is a lot faster to use
    4) SeaPilot has Easier to use radio and push buttons
    etc

Any problems Email me at [email protected]

7. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What does it do what ec can't do for you?

8. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

9. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Good unpolite reply. So the answer is "nothing" I suppose. People may make up their own mind about.

-Anira-

10. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

If you had waited a few secs while i was getting the link you might not have been so sarcastic. Sorry

11. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

No feed back?

12. Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

No offense but maybe it's just because that your tool does nothing what the client can't do by it's own.

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Actually, his program allows you to move the boat in one-step increments through clicks (by choosing the "one" option), which is something the client would currently require you to type out the full commands for over and over (or use control q), or have pre-set macros for. UORudder also has this functionality (and frankly, that functionality is probably the primary reason people would want to use either program, as most of the other functions are already programmed as macros for the keypad in the classic client).

And, it is "its own" (no apostrophe). :scholar:

Currently, UORudder is known to be safe, but using Sea Pilot is "at the user's risk" - much as UOCartographer. Both aren't doing anything (according to their description) that is prohibited - it's just a matter of making sure that such programs don't (or suddenly start doing) stuff they aren't supposed to do later on.

What it does on the surface makes it appear to be a UORudder for the EC, but it will take some examination to make sure that it is fully safe (word has it someone official will look at it, but not as anything resembling a medium priority - it may be weeks, months or never that we actually hear anything back).

14. catship

catship Guest

i use the old 8X8 Macroer, works very good

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!