1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Search on Stratics

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Nabin, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

When will this be up and running.

I usually use it daily for various needs.

Without that aspect I find myself having to go to other sites to track down what I need.

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

From what I was told by a computer savvy person, the admins need to "re-index" the search feature for it to work again. I have no idea how long that would take or what's involved with it though. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I use it alot too.

3. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Wow!

The History that is held in Stratics is one of the main things that make this site great and successful.

Without proper access to that........

This should be a major priority.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

It is, it's one of the reason we're starting a routine maintenance cycle, so we have a scheduled time to work on things like this instead of simply "Oh there's an issue KILL THE FORUMS!" Unfortunately doing some actions with the Forums running can cause other issues to occur so we're being cautious to avoid breaking things on accident.

Bobar likes this.
  5. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Do not wait, just use Google (.com, .de whatever, its your choice) directly.

Then, type in the search field: "site:uo2.stratics.com fishing" (without the "", site:uo2.stratics.com defines the domain, fishing is the keyword to look for).
    Replace search topics as you please. Have fun finding stuff again! ;)

Captn Norrington and Lord Nabin like this.
  6. Ox_AO

Ox_AO Adventurer

site:uo2.stratics.com works nice I find inurl:uo2.stratics.com finds words in the URL it helps direct your search.

These commands can work on most search engines. Don't limit yourself just to that evil company.
    I have 3 pages of blocked phone numbers from representatives of that evil company and still get 3 calls a day on average from them some at 3 AM trying to advertise something. yeah, I still use them but they suck they really do.

#6 Ox_AO, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014