1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

seccond hand dragons

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by UncleSham, Mar 16, 2008.

1. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

recently (on siege) i went hunting for a super dragon . i got a friend to come with and help . he did have slightly better taming so i suggested he tame it and id do the healing . but he said "oh no, you tame it . every time you transfer a pet it makes it harder to controll."

now ive never heard of this . never seen any official wrighting on it . but given how something like a white wolf is harder to tame once released it kinda makes sence.

thoughts ?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, I have heard that transferring a pet one time has no affect. In fact my cu was second hand and I haven't had any problems. But I have heard once it is transferred for a third time that is where the control problem comes in. I have yet to own any 3rd hand pets though.

3. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

I don't think this applies to transfering pets, but years ago before bonding, if a pet went wild and you retamed it, it'd be harder to control and more likely to go wild again every time.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I've tamed several of the new dragons for guildmates and we have had no issues with any of them that I know of.

5. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Pets can have too many owners, can't for the life of me remember how many tho, I think its three. A friend of mine had his cu go wild on him, I retamed it for him and attempted to transfer it back, but couldn't. Turns out it was a second-hand pup.

6. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yeah i think the dogs start out at a higher level so when you pile more on it, it would be more evident .

i heard coflicting reports on the supers ,officially they were supposed to be harder to tame , but ive heard rumors this isnt the case . i havent done any testing but if you CAN tame them at the same level as normal dragons a bump in controll may not be so evident.