1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Second generation Cocoa Tree plants

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Lesa, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Lesa

Lesa Guest

I'm just wondering.... what will the results be after planting and crossing when the seed changes it name to "cocoa tree seed", rather then the first seed which is named "fragrant".

Maybe future generations will have a chance at getting a black or white mutant cocoa tree :) ?
  2. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you can gather pollen from a Cocoa tree. I'm at work right now so I can't test this. I have some second generation trees at stage 9 with 2 or 3 seeds on them currently, but basically, if you polinate with anything but a Cocoa tree, I don't think you will get a Cocoa tree, and if you can't get Cocoa pollen, then no way to get white or black... or am I mising something?
  3. Lesa

Lesa Guest

So the second generation cocoa seeds...after they have grown into a tree, do not produce the pollen either?
  4. Callie

Callie Guest

I have one of those lovely blue bulrushes plants, but it was pollenated before I received it. It produces blue seeds as well.
    How interesting would a blue cocoa tree be? lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]