1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Second House Token

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Endal, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Endal

Endal Journeyman

In an effort to create more life on the "other shards" (not Atlantic) I had a thought that would get EA/Mythic more money and would provide players with a great way to play on more than just one shard successfully. The Second House Token.

With this token your player will be able to place a single additional house on a different server. So if you have one on Atlantic you can place another one on Origin without your previous house going IDOC. I figure if they sold this for $20-30 that a lot of people would buy it simply because of convenience and many people who (strangely) have a lot of accounts would get one for each of their accounts so they could have even more homes (not sure why they need more... but they do!)

I know that I would love to put a house up on Pacific so that I can have more storage than my bank box, and I would be willing to put around $25 to be able to do that.

What are your guy's thoughts/trolls?

Winker, Lord Frodo, DJAd and 2 others like this.
  2. Skunk

Skunk Sage
    Stratics Veteran BREW

Would be nice if it worked for any shard, even if you owned one there already. I think this is an amazing idea and I would pay for a couple for sure.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

3. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would buy one or two as well . Great Idea

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Awesome idea. Though I would consider having it open to any shard.

5. Endal

Endal Journeyman

It would be nice, perhaps there could be a way to place two houses on one shard, so long as that one isn't Atlantic ;p That place really gets the shaft, doesn't it?

6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

As a player I love this. As an EA accountant, this would mean people would close accounts and thus revenue. I have 5 accounts... and only 2 have usable characters. The other three only hold houses. If I could spend a one-time fee of $25 for each of those accounts I would do it. It would save me $285 over the course of the first year alone and that much less revenue for EA. I don't see this happening.

7. Endal

Endal Journeyman

Shhhh! I was expecting them not to notice that part!

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I think it's a great idea and would definitely purchase. Do you think there should be a limit though. For example only one token can be used per account?

I think the above is correct. Great for players but no use for revenue. I'd also be willing to pay a slightly higher subscription if I could get another house that way. I'd prefer your token method more though.

9. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I agree. I think the way to do this would be something like a $5 per month account upgrade to a second house.

So if you we paying for your account on the 6 month program You would charge $90 instead of $60 but you would get a second house slot upgrade.

One house would need to be selected as Primary The other Secondary.

I could see this same system being set up for other things like a Max Stat bump for all you folks that want to get to 800 skill points lol

10. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

It would never happen because money.

11. Endal

Endal Journeyman

WAIT! I had a thought. What if the second house token added $5/mo to your monthly account? That way EA is happy because they get money and we are happy because we can get a second house without having to deal with EA's Customer InService Department twice because they screwed up both accounts.

DJAd likes this.
  12. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

Done, make it so!

Lord Nabin likes this.
  13. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I'd be happy with that.