1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Seed Id Plant/Resource?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Sir Scott, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

if i recall someone mention to me that in Pub 57 or 58 there was going to be a Seed Id Plant/resource
    That was going to allow us to id seed types...

does anyone know anything about it? i know i read it in a post just cant seem to find it now...
    thanks
    Lord Sir Scott

2. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Its called poppy seed dust, a resource given from the new poppy plants.

3. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I just recently discovered it and was sooooo excited I had to go hunt wisps to get some seeds!

4. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Me too. :D

5. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

Just remember that instead of seeds, they grow dusty (8 charges if I remember correctly). Evidently, they will "grow" one charge a day once the plant has reached maturity and is healthy.

Thought I'd share since I didn't know at the time of my first batch, which I ended up throwing out. I blew off growing them again, that is, until my guildy told me about the wait time.

6. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

It's not one charge a day, it's one "dust" (with 8 charges) per day =)

So after 8 days, you end up with 8 poppies dust, each with 8 charges, off one plant =)

7. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

Yeah, that's right. I should have worded my post better.

Serves me right for not getting enough sleep before posting. Thanks for the clarification! Lord knows I don't want to mislead anyone. :)

8. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

And not only is the dust useful, it is very pretty.

It can be used to ID peculiar seeds and coloured legacy seeds, for example from boglings, and also plain seeds. Plain seeds don't show their type immediately, but if you plant them them empty the bowl they will drop out labelled.

9. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I guess I've never done this. You can plant a seed and then empty it and get the seed back?

10. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

yup.
    i can not remember if it will drop the seed back if it has gone through the first couple growth checks or not, but just planting and dumping will indeed give the seed's I.D. (plain seeds).
    I do believe, you have to use the poppie's dust on it first then do the plant and dump for plain seeds (might wanna get more clarification on it though).

11. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Mmmm.... Poppies! ;)