1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Seeds of renewal...

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Sir Morder, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

anyone know what the percentage chance of getting a seed of renewal is? I'm new to gardening and just grown my first 20 plants, mostly plain seeds but i have a couple different kind of plants growing. Or is it a certain type of plant that gives the seeds of renewal?

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I feel they keep decrease the chance, from 20 plants you may get 5 seed if lucky

3. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I recently raised 56 orange pampas grass plants and from the 448 seeds produced, 21 were seeds of renewal.

4. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would say, you was very lucky, tell me how many you get from the next 56 plants.

I would also like to know the percentage chance of getting a plant with black or white seed, I feel it's very low now where alot want black, white, ice or dark plant dyes.

I know it may be balanced fine for normal shards but on Siege, items get replaced alot and players like having the same look

5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

You can get black/white seeds from the naturalists quest for rare seeds. (You need a green thorn for it to examine the additionally solen eggs. That quest randomly rewards with a black/white/fire seed if my informations are up to date.)

6. FrejaSP

I know that, but I don't want to use hours doing the same over and over again everyday to keep up with my customers. Also I feel it should be faster to get the black and white seed from plant growing than from quests.

Also the quests are fine if you are trying to sell white or black hedge/cypress trees. I just want the colors for my dyes and the old crossed mutant plants works fine for that.

7. Yellow Beard

Stratics Veteran

I just harvested 31 plants of various types consisting of b Orange, b green, and b purple. of the 248 seeds I got 16 SOR and 5 black. This is high for me on the black seed side. I usually just get SOR on this type of harvest.

8. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

... drop rate seems to still be about 5%

Also, you have to realize that since the drop rate is so low, it's highly variable from small sample sizes.

You need to harvest at least 100 Seeds of Renewal to be able to get a decent sample size to judge off of. (and even that's a bit low)

9. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

I'd be happy with 5%. I just removed 504 seeds from 63 Orange Pampas. I got 14 Renewal == 2.7%.

10. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

*shrugs* doesn't necessarily mean much, you sample size is too small to make a judgement from. Try another 500 harvests and see what the accumulated total is.

11. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Well, I just used a statistical reliability calculator (on the net) and it said my 2.7% is 100% reliable on that sample size.

12. Takissis

Takissis Guest

It really seems to be the luck of the draw. I have 450 plants growing in the current batch. I have a vendor with seeds of renewal that I can't keep stocked, so I pull seeds off daily. I've kept track of the number of SoRs that I get each day.

Day 1 - 15
    Day 2 - 27
    Day 3 - 21
    Day 4 - 35

And I have 4 days to go.

So I'm averaging more than 5% a pull, but that's still a lot of seeds to go through.

13. helenaa

helenaa Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I think it's very random. I was growing about 30 seed producing plants and got 1 to 3 every time, but last 2 days I didn't get any. Hopefully it had nothing to do with the latest patch :eek:

And 450 plants? I'll go mad! :)

14. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just done 200 Orange pampas grass plants, and only got 70 SOR. Got another 200 ready in 3 days so i will se what kind of return i get from them.

15. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

This is from an earlier post on seeds:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stupid Miner View Post
    ... drop rate seems to still be about 5%..

I'd be happy with 5%. I just removed 504 seeds from 63 Orange Pampas. I got 14 Renewal == 2.7%.

16. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

I have exact same resulting percentage rate at end of most recent grow set - but with order of magnitude smaller scale -> 20 plants (18 orange bulrushes & 3 green snake) yielded 7 precious SORs.

[7 / (20 x 8)] = 4.38% :thumbup1:

NOTE: many had been cross pollinated onto with red plants & set in stasis for a couple months but SORs came from those as well as strait up unhampered seeds -

17. I am just making my debut as a gardener in UO. I planted 20 plants from seeds I got off boglings. Four of the plants were from plain seed which I realize was an error since I was growing them for resources and seeds of renewal. They just started to seed so I pulled off the first seeds from the four plain plants and one was a seed of renewal so I am at 25% SOR for the moment ;) LOL well at leas I know it's not a total wash and if I undestand the process I should have some bright red century plant seeds to grow red leaves with and some orange plants to cross for plants to get bright orange petals and some green plants to cross for bright green plants. Oh yeah and a purple plant.....a mistake I guess should have used a yellow poppy. I think I need to keep a book of what I do so I can figure out what mistakes I make.

18. ok so for my first try at it I get 9 seeds of renewal out of 20 plants. This is slightly better than 5 %

19. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I pulled 1078 seeds and received 52 seeds of renewal. That's 4.82%.

20. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

Of 728 seeds I got 30 SoR, so it is at 4.12%

21. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I got bored... or crazy... or both... currently have 400 seed bearing plants going, now on day 2. Got tired of farming for MR2 items, only to blow them up trying to enhance to 140 luck, and I'm NOT paying 1.5mil for 10 SoR's...

Will let everyone know the final results when all are done... and if you hear screaming and maniacal laughter, you'll know why...

22. I just got 12 sor from about 288 seeds.... close to 4%

23. Dirkdiggler

Dirkdiggler Guest

Wow, you're lucky if they sell for that much on your server. I can hardly find a buyer at 16k per on Siege.

24. Guido_LS

Stratics Veteran

Always have to remember that there is roughly 10:1 ratio between Siege and prodo values... 16k per on Siege is 160k on a production server. So the pricing is pretty similar.

25. Guido_LS

Stratics Veteran

Day 1 - it's anomaly day, but I'm not complaining. Harvested 440 seeds, 47 of which were SoR's, 3 were black, and one white (my first mutants, ever). So just shy of 11%... tomorrow will probably stink...

Day 2 - stink... 440 seeds again. 12 SoR's... the RNG roller coaster.... it bites... but still ahead of the curve (so far) so not complaining.